Thread: Making A Recovery Partition With Windows 7 Plus Recovery Disc(Advice)

Making A Recovery Partition With Windows 7 Plus Recovery Disc(Advice)

Probably System Builders Like Dell,HP,Acer,Toshiba, etc Create the Recovery Partition which I think that includes the image of Windows 7 Plus and entire applications and Drivers which was previously installed at the factory

I wanted to ask that if you build your own computer and the installation of Windows 7 which you came up with or got through such type of site plus activations utilties to make this enabled. Is this possible once you have done the installation of windows 7 and activated the same and done the installation. You are running with the own Applications and finished the Updates through the Windows Updates procedure.

Re: Making A Recovery Partition With Windows 7 Plus Recovery Disc(Advice)

If you are running with the installation of Windows 7 ultimate then you can gpo for the windows backup which will make the image to hard drive or DVD's personally. I would go for acronis that can include the same in a hidden partition and you are able to access the same from F11 when starting .... You are also go for creating the bootable DVD's with the image but one thing, you have to keep in mind that if you are working upon windows 7 200MB system partition then you have to choose that also along with the C:\ partition or put the name of partition on which you have installed windows .

I recently purchased a HP G71 laptop which was installed with the Windows7, there is no any discs included there . I have made the backup/ recovery/ restore DVD's as directed.

I need to run with the Linux.Ubuntu 9.10 be my primary operating system and from the primary partition on the drive for maximum speed and Windows 7 have been installed within the partition further out.

1. Can Ubuntu be installed first then Windows 7 (recovery discs)?
    2. Or should I go for the installation of W7 system ?
    3. Then can I go for the migration Windows 7 and Ubuntu in pole status ?
    4. Can they go for the sharing of same SWAP and storage partitions?

You can move ahead with a free tool known as GParted to make the partition onto your disc. You need not go for the recovery partition, you may require the same someday. Decide how much space you need to have with you for Windows 7 and Ubuntu and improve your partitions for the same . You will require a small swap space. The capacity of your RAM should be well tuned . What the GParted application (Download the ISO file, burn this on a CD) does is first shrink your Windows partition to the memory capacity which you need to have or you can go for this with your Ubuntu disc in the same way . You will have a completion of four partitions, one should be reserved for Windows, Ubuntu, swap and your recovery partition.

Ubuntu is method different in case of Windows so when you finish the downloading procedure of appropriate seection of ISO from http://www.ubuntu.com/ and burn the same on another CD, you will find its bootable and you can launch the Ubuntu live from your DVD R/W so I would recommend you to launch this a few times to find out how you get along with this before you perform the installation . There are some other such as Linux and some don't....see how it moves in this way ..

You don't need to go for destroying the Windows partition specified at all,you have to just shrink the same and then after choose the other ones. But don't go for that recovery partition, whatever you perform. You are able to perform entire this with your Ubuntu disc, if you need to go for that procedure. That may be simple for you . I hope you will understand what you are getting into with this Ubuntu deal.