Thread: Slipstreaming drivers into WHS

Slipstreaming drivers into WHS

I have followed the instructions on the web browser to slipstreaming drivers into WHS ISO. I also have the motherboard‘s RAID driver. I have prepared a bootable CD to boot the computer. I want to know, is there need to press F6 to install the RAID driver or it will be installed automatically? The main question is WHS installation should be on the RAID 1 array. Is there any possibility to slipstreaming driver into an existing shadow protected image? I have completed the installation of WHS on the virtual machine want to shadow protected to create image to restore. What I am able to rdp into it?
    Last edited by Ojayit; 19-08-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Re: Slipstreaming drivers into WHS

I have found out a weird glitch. It is in the installer. The installation of driver is a huge work. However, The Pre-Installer is still asking for the drivers. It is loaded up a division of the I386 and also system folders. The drivers which are slipstreaming are fine through. But it's happens for some limited PC.It will ask for storage drivers itself, I think it keeps something to do for Pre-Installer of WHS.At that time I want to suggest to make a extra folder in the root to DOS drivers, so that I can easily install the selected driver.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

What you need to slipstreaming drivers into WHS is, first of all you should have nlite installed (freeware) on the system. Than hit on F6 to install. Also make sure that WHS has to be installed on ISO or DVD and there should be several gigs of free space lest on the same. And now what you have to do is follow the steps given below:
    • Commence by creating folders, named as WHS-extract and WHS-tmp.
    • And then extract WHS installation files to C:\whs-extract\
    • Now copy the contents of the SVR_2003 folder to C:\whs-tmp\
    • Run nLite, and select Next option, then point to the whs-tmp folder and click Next.
    • Now click on the drivers and bootable ISO,And click on Next
    • You should select the proper textmode drivers. And click on single or multiple driver folder.
    • Then Click on Next and Yes, and wait for sometimes and click Next again
    • Then you can change the mode to create image and have to select the level to CC1HEVL_EN and click explore, move the contents of WHS-extract back to WHS-tmp
    • Now return to nLite and click make ISO and change the name of WHS- DRV.iso of WHS-extract folder and save it
    • Now click next to exit from nLite.

Thats it. Now you can create a bootable WHS iso, and have proper drivers. And can burn DVD with favorite app.

you have to go to the installation of WHS with the help of two-time disk controller. And I installed WHS on an old PC PCI SATA controller card, which is based on chipset. I assumed that in my first attempt, passing the disk controller drivers will be enough. And installation couldn't complete. And in second attempt provided a floppy disk drive through F6.First driver will be Vista/Win7 drivers, so that installer can look at disk controller. In second will be XP/2003 drivers. so that Windows Server 2003 can look at disk controller.
    Last edited by Pugsly; 20-08-2010 at 12:32 AM.