Thread: Crcdisk.sys causing boot delay

My windows 7 setup is working great, except for one annoying glitch: every time I boot up from shutdown, windows 7 freezes progress bar while that green is going back and forth. If I press the reset button Then, it starts up fine. This behavior Happens in safe mode and in normal mode. Please tell me what is the problem and a particular solution to this problem will be appreciated.

Re: Crcdisk.sys causing boot delay

Sounds like your system has been corrupted and hence it would be better if you try to get your system repaired you can repair the operating system using the recovery CD. Just insert the recovery CD in the CD ROM and when the blue screen appears then just press the R key to start the repair reboot the machine and as soon as the repair process gets completed. Hopefully this should fix the problem.

I've solved the problem which i faced before sometime. I just deleted the sptd.sys from \ System32 \ Drivers \. Was this driver installed by DAEMON Tools. Vista Fails to load if you are trying to install it over XP with old DAEMON Tools installed. And Vista Upgrade advisor knows nothing about it. To solve the problem download and install latest DAEMON Tools Before upgrading your OS.

It appears as you are Already in progress of Vista installation and you have this problem you load from your bootable Windows Vista CD and choose to restore. Finally select 'other options' and move to console. Browse to \ System32 \ Drivers \ and delete sptd.sys file. Now restart the machine. The operating system will be loaded after-it and will continue the installation.

I would suggest you to examine your file systems because there appears a problem on your disc since the installation is halting on crcdisk.sys . You can Run SFC and Checkdisk

1. Go to the Start -> Type cmd Right-click it and run it as administrator
    2. Type sfc /scanonce and finally restart computer.
    3. Then once again repear step 1 then type chkdsk /r /f -> Press Y at prompt and restart computer.