Thread: Can't sort folders by size

Can't sort folders by size

I am facing some strange behavior in my system and I am not able to figure out the reason behind that. I am not able to sort the folder in that. When I right click on the explorer to choose arrange by size then nothing happens. Why my folders are not sorting out. I need some help for the same. I have hundreds of folders in that. Also there are duplicate folders inside.

Re: Can't sort folders by size

There might be no solution for that. It looks like your registry is corrupted. For that just run system restore and then check back again. Use a CCleaner to fix your registry issues. Click on start and then type regedit. Then in the editor navigate to HKCU \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer NoStrCmpLogical. Set the value of same to 1.

The elements of the columns can be sorted by clicking on the header of the column. The column selected for sorting is highlighted, and a small arrow appears to the right of the header of the column. If this does not work then you will need to run system restore option which is the start > programs > accessories > system tools. Scan your system under safe mode for that.

There is a tool for that which can help you out. Download and install Treesize. It is a program which is used for displaying data of the folders. It allows a glance to see where the space is missing, where are the largest files, the space required by files and folders with good accuracy. Small and compact, it is an indispensable accessory that will constantly make room or to order on your hard drive looking for what can be erased and what can be preserved.

Put a good antivirus and use TreeSize. This is a good program. In this the File analysis is done with the click of a mouse and it is easy to interpret the data such as Explorer. There is also a pro version, offering more complete analysis of his records. But the issue with the same is that it is not free but you can have a trial for the same. It is a little utility will give you a view of your directories in order of size.

It is a trojan virus which is creating multiple folders in your system. It keeps on generate a folder of similar name and that makes your system slower. When you try to open it, it will invade your computer and allow more malware onto your PC. Some people think that the removal of infected files deleted the Trojan as well. Well there will be a Trojan, but usually duplicates itself and invades your important files. Scan your system in safe mode.

There might be trojan in your temporary Internet files directory is that it has downloaded but maybe it was not installed. Using browser options, delete temporary files first for that. Then boot in safe mode and scan your system. If possible press shift delete for each and every duplicate folder which you got inside your system. This is a very annoying virus. I will recommend norton for this.