Thread: In DCOMCnfg Run application on this computer is grayed out for my application on two Windows 7 machines

In DCOMCnfg Run application on this computer is grayed out for my application on two Windows 7 machines

I have multiple com application installed in my system. I had a very wide network here. Now I need help to setup DcomCnfg. I am not sure about working on this. I had found this service as grayed out in my system. I am not able to access the remote engine. For this turn of the UAC and then tried back but still not work. When I try to access the same then also it is giving error.

Re: In DCOMCnfg Run application on this computer is grayed out for my application on two Windows 7 machines

The issue comes when the user profile does not have proper permission. The other issue can be due to corrupt system file in the system. For that there is some solution available. For that go in the current user account and then click on administrator permission. Then boot in safe mode nd then long to the machine where you want to work. See that the option is grayed out or not. If yes then go in C:\Windows\System32 folder and take the ownership of ComUID.dll with the help of trunsted installer.

Re: In DCOMCnfg Run application on this computer is grayed out for my application on two Windows 7 machines

I have multiple servers DCOM C + +. Some were just testing myself and others are still serving. For those who do not serve me more, I would like to unregister history not to see them in dcomcnfg. The problem is that I no longer executable. I cannot do it with regsvr32. For those that I still use, they have wacky names in dcomcnfg. I did not properly appointed at the beginning and now I do not know how to change their names.

I have a problem with DCOMCNFG.EXE. For that click on Start on then click Run. And then click on dcomcnfg. Then go Component Services in My Computer. Once you enter in that then double click on computer is terminated dcomcnfg.exe from Task Manager. Then go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Component Services. Check that the there is not scheduled provided.

To work correctly, OPC servers, you must configure the network settings and security settings DCOM. Setting OpcEnum not required because the service is automatically configured when installing OPC Core Components. Example settings for a given test OPC server Test OPC Server. Setting DCOM is performed using the service command dcomcnfg.

Run the Component Services and then click on Properties. Go to the Add. Add the user group Users DCOM and then set her right of access. Then save your changes by clicking the button OK. Repeat the steps in the dialog box Permission to Launch and Activation which appears when you click on the button number 2 to change default and then reboot once.

Under Component Services go in the tab where you can set of protocols remove all protocols except TCP / IP and click OK to save changes to the Properties dialog box. After that you must make sure that the OPC server uses the default settings. Go to General Properties of OPC of the server and then go to safety features. Click on end nodes. Before changing settings, OPC server, you must make sure that it does not Run the non-existent in the list of active processes. Or restart the OPC server after changing settings.