Thread: Menu 'arrow' icon looks like a mouse!

angry Menu 'arrow' icon looks like a mouse!

I have a customers laptop here with a strange problem - small icon-like symbols are appearing wrong - eg. on the START menu, Programs usually has a triangle arrow to indicate the menu can expand - this is a mouse symbol. Also certain software installed on the laptop uses radio-button symbols to select options, but these look like arabic characters!
    I have deleted/reset the font cache, reinstalled video driver, removed any strange fonts (and reinstalled them when it made no difference), turned Themes off, Themes back on again, and set desktop fonts for all items to Microsoft Sans Serif - no change.
    Have also reinstalled SP3.
    HELP! This is strange.....

Dr. V Guest

Re: Menu 'arrow' icon looks like a mouse!

This is submenu in your Start Menu folder. It is set by Group Policy settings. This can also be done by any tweaking software. This can be fixed by restoring the classic theme of Windows XP. You can even restore fonts and other settings for that. Go the below thread to read more information on the same. I think this has been done by some third party software.
    Restore Windows Classic Themes

Re: Menu 'arrow' icon looks like a mouse!

Have tried that without success. Themes alter the main icons for menu items, which are all ok. The problem icons are the small ones to the right of the menu items. I'm not in front of the problem PC at present, but here's a picture of a start menu and I've ring'd the icons that are not displaying properly on the problem PC. If this was the only problem it would be fine, but it's also affecting some other business applications which is a drama! Thanks.