Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-08-2010

Unexpected performance of Firefox in Windows 7

Previously I was using windows XP but recently I have upgraded the system to windows 7. The problem is not with that but it is related to Firefox. Actually the thing is that the minimized, maximize and the close button are disabled and the result is that I am not able to move the windows on my desktop. If I am clicking on the button then it is rapidly flashing on an off but not performing the function those are required.
Old 17-08-2010

Re: Unexpected performance of Firefox in Windows 7

First of all you need to check that this issue occurs if you start you system in safe mode, if this issue is not occurring in safe mode then this problem is caused by any add on that you have configured with your Firefox. So for finding the culprit that is causing the problem you need to check that thing one by one and then disable the add-on that is causing the problem. I am sure that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.
Old 17-08-2010

Perhaps were you not aware, but not all programs are created equal and they do not necessarily turn the same speed on your Windows computer. There are so-called "priority process" that will manage what program will run the first or the easiest access to the CPU. It is quite clear in the general case, but there comes a time when you will want to take things in hand and I found two situations where you may want to influence the choice of Windows to serve your own interests using the tools.
Old 17-08-2010

I am also facing similar problem and you are right on the node that I have installed add-on on Firefox browser that I am using. The problem is intermittent as I am opening lots of tab and these are having flash objects. The problem is that it just goes impulsively and then comes back when Firefox is using maximum CPU power.
Old 17-08-2010
Dr. V

As far as I know Firefox has two problems, the first one is threading problem and the other one is memory leak and I do not think that it is making life easier. The only thing you can do is wait this it starts working normally, or just kill it and then restart. Whenever memory creates problem then the only thing we can do is to kill and restart all the application.
Old 18-08-2010

Since I uninstalled software, some software such as archiving, direct download and Power Up and do not start getting the message "Runtime error 50003 unexpected errors" and sometimes run timeout. I proceeded to uninstall and reinstall the programs, but the problem persists. I do not know if uninstalling Talk2d is causing the problem. But what is certain is that this program, whose purpose is "speaking and writing or the PC responds," insisted too much on the installation for "PicoZip". A shot of me Combix marred the intruder. But the problem mentioned above is still applied.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,