Thread: How do I enable recent items in windows 7

How do I enable recent items in windows 7

I have been windows vista for about a year and now i have recently upgraded to windows 7 and i am not very much familiar to it. Windows vista changed the logic of the recent documents they are grouped automatically in the start menu but in windows 7 i would like to know how can i get recent documents enabled in windows 7.

Re: How do I enable recent items in windows 7

Follow the steps which i have mentioned below in order to get the recent documents back in windows 7
    1. Right-click on your Desktop
    2. Left-click on Personalize
    3. Left-click on Taskbar & Start Menu
    4. Go to the "Start Menu" tab
    5. Verify the Privacy settings are checked
    6. Click on "Customize"
    7. Scroll down to the "Recent Items" box and check it.
    8. Click "OK"

Unlike its predecessor Windows XP and Windows Vista, Windows 7 does not by default display of recent documents in the Start menu. It is an option to activate. And for that, nothing complicated. Right click the mouse button on the Start menu, bottom left of the screen, and select "Properties" from the menu. In the new window that appears, click the second tab "Start Menu". From there, check box before the heading "Store and display recently opened files in the Start Menu and Taskbar" Part of confidentiality before you click the "Customize" button in the upper right. In this second window, locate the heading "Recent" and check the box in front. It remains only to confirm by clicking OK twice to close each window.

On the Start menu of Windows 7 it is possible to pin the Favorites or Recent Documents shortcut in the related application. Besides the shortcut is a small black arrow, if you click on this arrow it has direct access to documents and recent favorites in selected application. It worked perfectly with the previous version of OpenOffice.org, but is no longer available with 3.2 or so is not activated. Does anyone have info on it. Thank you in advance.

This possibility seems reserved for the owner's suite from Microsoft. Perhaps a registry change would be to do so but this is more Microsoft than OOo. As I have no documentation of the Base Register to WIN 7, I do not venture out to change the values to the keys! When we see the difficulties for developers to obtain information from Microsoft's example of the 3 line display options in the Save As dialog box in Vista and Win 7.

sunnyrepairs Guest

Right click on your Desktop
    Left click on Personalize
    Left click on Taskbar & Start Menu
    Go Start Menu tab
    Verify the Privacy settings are checked
    Click on Customize
    Scroll down to the Recent Items box and check it.
    Click Okay

I think you can create subfolders with 7, rename files too, so if for example your movie, you create a subfolder with your films seen, it is super complicated AC ? or when you put a 001 and 002 to the title when you saw is exactly like what, about your text files similar, therefore if you change your pc while you do it again what is very convenient as you do, and for the external drive how you doing? a moment you have all the solutions possible to uninstall an operating system.