Thread: Where to find the product key for WHS 120day trial

Where to find the product key for WHS 120day trial

I have recently performed the downloading and started the installation of the trail version of Windows Home server. I am currently stuck at this point where it needs a product key for this .

There are so many threads indicates the users to the Microsoft Connect page however I am unable to get where to move from there. There are 3 options at the bottom of the page: Try, Join and Contribute. I have signed-in with the help of link at the top of the connect page but the same lead me no further getting a product key. Somebody help me about the porocedure to receiev the product key ?

Re: Where to find the product key for WHS 120day trial

According to the page from which you have downloaded the trial:

You may currently work with the Evaluation Edition for near about 30 days. For using the Evaluation Edition for the complete 120-day period, you have to be register at the Windows Home Server Connect site and access the product key for the Windows Home Server Evaluation Edition "

So, if you have not finished as stated , you have to primary join the connect and then after get register with the Windows Home Server program during connectivity.

Thank you very much Glenny, however I had already got all the points and found that it is lacking in the explanation . Users don't need to move for finding all over the location for specific product key. This should be obvious. The 'Windows Home Server Connect site' link on the download page must come up with the user to a page with something stating :
    Step 1 - Download WHS, if not already performed.
    Step 2 - Register with Microsoft Connect here
    Step 3 - Get your product key here and begin the Windows Hom Server Connect programme.

Instead, I have clicked on entire thing placed on the left to right and registered and joined . Then moved into the 'Contribute' section and provided all of the information (still there is no suggestion that it was the method of getting the product key) and commonly got to a page where I could get the 'Product Keys' on the left-hand side.

The public evaluation software is intended to facilitate the end users to receive a quick taste of what Windows home Server is able to perform , without providing them time to finish a great deal of data to a product which they will be needed to perform the re-installation (A time bomb enabled within the evaluation software that can not be disabled, necessitating for a reinstallation to receive a non-eval version of the software ). As the evaluation , the ability to get a product key was discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by SalVatore View Post
    The public evaluation software is intended to facilitate the end users to receive a quick taste of what Windows home Server is able to perform , without providing them time to finish a great deal of data to a product which they will be needed to perform the re-installation (A time bomb enabled within the evaluation software that can not be disabled, necessitating for a re installation to receive a non-eval version of the software ). As the evaluation , the ability to get a product key was discontinued.
    I am not running with any type of access to any of those and my contacts at Microsoft would not even provide me the absolute email address for the VP of Partner contacts .