Thread: My Libraries are now Documents.library-ms and will not open

My Libraries are now Documents.library-ms and will not open

This is the similar for different libraries: Music.library-ms, Pictures.library-ms, Video.library-ms . How do I receive them back with the normal mode so they will be active . Windows Media Player is unable to find entire music that I have in my "My Music" directory because it am unable to perform be stored in my Music Library. Have you any idea about the same ...Please help me ..

Re: My Libraries are now Documents.library-ms and will not open

How did this happened ? I am not sure that if that is the proper fix regarding this , but you can change the name of the libraries if the only problem is regarding the names and all . If you move to the libraries within the explorer, it will display entire libraries like 'Documents' 'Music' and anymore and there you are able to change the name them also.

If the problem is not regarding the library name but the real folder name change, if you move to the properties of the library, you can tag some new folders. Hope this helps,
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Thanks for the help and suggestion and your help is really appreciate regarding the same . But no, I have applied to do this and found that it is really working at all and finally not helpful for me . When I try to get the properties then I received the error message as "The Properties for this item are not available"

There has to be some solution regarding the same and it is not "Restore Defaults" because all that does is have again then broken the Library.

It did not work. If you are comfortable going into the deeper, the specification regarding these libraries are described within the '%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries' directory. It contains a xml definition file for every library specified. If there is a file Document.library-ms in the above directory, copy the same and rename to Document. It should provide you a new one library known as Document with the same configuration as in the Document.library-ms.I have no any idea .. how you get the names replaced in your system, but the very likely the reason is an application which did not consider the Windows 7 library structure. If you are not felling fine with the experimenting at current level, please don't go for this because an error could damage the way of your system.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

sunnyrepairs Guest

Use reginout regcleaner it will fix ur problem