Thread: Windows 7 32 bit can only recognize 3GB RAM

Windows 7 32 bit can only recognize 3GB RAM

I had recently upgraded to Windows 7 with Windows Vista. I am getting issue after the upgrade. I have 4GB Ram in the system and a GPU and this is normally enough for a operating system. But after the upgrade it is only showing 3GB. Sometime it also does not recognize the same in the operating system. I need help for the same. I able to figure out why ram is not detected on the same.

Re: Windows 7 32 bit can only recognize 3GB RAM

That issue might be a hardware fault in your system. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I had disable all unnecessary items in the system. My system works fine but I am not able to figure out my whole ram in the system. I have a 2GB ram two stick of 1GB. One is not detected sometime and the system also does not popus out error on the screen. Change the ram slot and check.

I did install the following configuration 1 month ago. I have a Asus motherboard intel P7P55D with Core i5 processor and 8gb of ram. Al the ram strips are compatible with motherboard. I perceive that my bios only detects only 4GB of Ram. I go to Control Panel under system I sometime found that the 8gb is installed. The same is also showed by CPUz. I have the same problem.

Before doing any changes in the Bios you must first check for the defective RAM. Also check that your memory stick are compatible with the motherboard. But soon the system refused to show the ram. During the boot time you can see the ram and processor listing on the screen. There also the system shows less ram which means the ram are defective.

I too have a similar issue but for me the main problem with Windows 64 bit is that they poorly manage memory for 32-bit applications, particularly for 32-bit applications that reserve / free memory blocks very often. Because in this case, the OS reacts badly, taking too long to retrieve what has been released, and eventually completely fill the memory, but in practice there remains a lot, but the OS can not use, because for him it is not yet released.

For running Windows 7 x64 you need only 2 GB of RAM minimum. I am using Windows 7 x64 with 1GB ram hanging several months without a problem. Now after some time I had given my ram to my friend for some usage. After when he brought the same it is not detected in my system. I have a spare 1GB ram which I am using and not able to figure out the issue behind this.

It is mainly due to defective ram and due to that you are not able to get the full ram details. Better check in BIOS first. If the ram is listed then it is the software issue. The other thing you can do is change ram slot and if most severe case you might need to flash your BIOS for better functioning of your system. Flashing BIOS is the most suitable solution for such issue.