Thread: UAC dialogs pop up under other windows

UAC dialogs pop up under other windows

I am running Windows 7 operating system on my machine. When i try to install any program on this machine then an installer does not gets opened until i get an UAC icon flash yellow on the taskbar. Clicking on that dims up my screen then installer begins. Problem is that sometime UAC takes much longer to show message and sometime it also happens that installer keeps on loading. Please help me!

Dr. V Guest

Re: UAC dialogs pop up under other windows

User Account Control (UAC) is very much important thing in windows operating system as it checks for the hackers as well as malicious software when you install it on your windows system. Whenever any program is asking to make any changes in your computer then it asks you for the permission. So i suggest you not to disable this function of windows os.

If you want to Enable/Disable USC on your Windows 7 machine then Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings. If you're using an accessibility device, such as a screen reader, we recommend that you choose either the Always notify or the Default - Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer UAC setting. Assistive technologies work best with these two settings.

According to me there would be some other kind of issue on your computer system due to which your system takes bit longer time to start an installer or show USC notifications. I suggest you to scan your system by using any latest version of anti virus software and remove all the viruses out of your system. Now you may check that the it takes the same time to load installer or not.

There could be the problem with an installer itself due to which it would be taking long time to load up and some time it happens that an installer does not find the source instantly due to which it take much more time. Many time if the source is loading from an external drive then the transfer rate of that drive could be slow such as your CD Rom lens might be slow while reading the content from the CD.

I suggest you to choose for "Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer" in UAC settings as It's usually safe to allow changes to be made to Windows settings without you being notified. However, certain programs that come with Windows can have commands or data passed to them, and malicious software can take advantage of this by using these programs to install files or change settings on your computer. You should always be careful about which programs you allow to run on your computer.