Thread: Gadgets disappear with time, then Add Gadgets dialog won't come on Windows 7

Gadgets disappear with time, then Add Gadgets dialog won't come on Windows 7

I am using 64 bit Windows 7 operating system on my machine and i have installed several Desktop gadgets for which i did not faced any problem. But may be after 2 weeks, I noticed that Calendar gadget was not there after system start up but others were working without any any problem such as Clock, Weather*2, Volume, Gmail, CPU tacho, cores & RAM Monitor. Then after days, CPU tacho have gone. What is happening with my computer and why this gadgets are getting waved off without any notifications?

Re: Gadgets disappear with time, then Add Gadgets dialog won't come on Windows 7

It might happen that the gadgets which you have installed on your system would be just trial version which automatically gets removed the system as soon as the trial period ends. You should check that all other gadgets added to your computer system are working properly or not and then you may go to its properties where you may find some information about the version of that gadget.

Re: Gadgets disappear with time, then Add Gadgets dialog won't come on Windows 7

It might be happening because of some third party application installed on your system which might not be compatible with the gadgets which you have installed on your windows 7 machine. Actually there could be some kind of conflicts between them due to which it might be getting uninstalled or disabled/ I suggest you to check about the same from the Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

I suggest you to do the Clean Boot of your system so that you can check that is it happening due to the third party software or service. It may happen that an issue gets removed in a clean boot system. If an issue is still there then i recommend you to System File Checker.
    1. Put Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD ROM.
    2. Start Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
    3. Type sfc /scannow in command prompt.

This kind of problem may persists if you have loaded any infected gadgets on your windows machine. Before some time i installed one fancy clock windows 7 gadget which was actually infected by some virus so i just removed it. This clock was making my computer working much slower then normal time. I suggest you to scan your whole computer system and then remove all the detected viruses out of it.

Go to the Start menu and then open Control Panel. Here you have to go to the Programs and Features. Look at the left pane where you have to click on "Turn Windows features on or off". If there is any tick in front of "Windows Gadgets Platform" then remove it and click "Yes" to continue, and click OK to quit. Then Reboot. Now enable the "Turn Windows features on or off" and reboot again.