Thread: IP Helper or iphlpsvc and Excessive CPU Usage

IP Helper or iphlpsvc and Excessive CPU Usage

I do not know why or for what reason iphlpsvc is calling the CPU to run at twenty six percent on a normal basis, to be more precise on every twenty seconds. So I have entered cmd_'netsh interface teredo show state and then I have got error that is something like failed to open the tunnel adapter. The thing I want to know is that if I am stop running this thing it will cause any problem or not.

Re: IP Helper or iphlpsvc and Excessive CPU Usage

Following a severe slowdown of Windows 7 on a laptop, I noticed that svchost process monopolized about 95% of the process so that no program is running. After a period of 10 minutes to 1 hour, suddenly returns to normal activity (proc used about 3%). I downloaded and installed that allowed me to explore the process of identifying two bulk services running svchost: iphlpsvc and IKEEXT. IKEEXT (Module IKE key generation and AuthIP) move quickly to monopolize the proc.

In contrast, iphlpsvc (IPv6 connectivity service offering on an IPv4 network) continues to monopolize. As soon as I kill the service process by exploring the activity returns to normal. iphlpsvc then starts up again automatically. I read that iphlpsvc was necessary for the network and it should not be deleted. Clearly, an infection takes hold of network resources. Can anyone inform me more about the services and iphlpsvc IKEEXT, and especially help me get rid of this possible infection?

I am under windows 7, and recently the computer is very long to start, and the CPU is used on windows, not the 100 per cent but rises very quickly, just, for example, open a folder has 50 percent! This slows the game and then application. Here is the config: Core 2 Duo E6750, 2 GB ddr ram, 8800 gtx, Fortron 500 watt PSU I tried spybot, avast, but there is nothing!

You have mentioned that the RAM used, so that your title speaks for CPU (processor) used. Anyway, I smell the infection, I had this problem, and I had resolved by restoring my registry to an earlier date. Then try a System Restore to a date when you were not the problem. If it does not help, post a HijackThis report, and asks for someone knowing the password read in the corner.

With all the missing entries, due to uninstalling / reinstalling time. But apparently it is a shareware version, and it can repair only 15 errors. I am afraid that someone will have to wait it knows better. I would have good advice to fix all lines containing svehost.exe, but I do not know if it will repair the errors. If you have any other issue then let me know, I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.