Thread: Excessive "modified" memory usage in Win7 x64

Excessive "modified" memory usage in Win7 x64

I think the memory usage of my computer system is high. The task manager shows me go 1.56. No application is running, apart from the virus. I am using a windows 7 64 bit. I do not understand why 1.56 going used when no software runs. I do not know why excessive memory is used in windows 7 and for you information I having a good configuration for my system.

Re: Excessive "modified" memory usage in Win7 x64

I give you my configuration: Motherboard Asus M2N sli deluxe Amd Phenom quad core processor 2 hard drives 150GB Raptor 10000rpm 8 gb of kingston rowing graphics card nvidia 8500 gt Sound Card M-Audio ProFire 2626 Pioneer 215D dvd current processes are normal I think kind of exploring, svchost.exe, but high consumption relative to the rest: 302 444 kb for the former and 190,476 for the second. This is a computer that I use to make music, rarely logged on the net. In short I am also seeking the solution for this problem of excessive memory usage.

I will suggest you Memtest86 for checking out the cause of the problem. The program is run from a boot disk must be created by running the downloaded file. The test lasts a little over five minutes but runs indefinitely Since the arrest of Memtest86, Memtest86 + a new version was created, it is free as the previous one and aims to offer a version of this utility for current systems, the original Memtest with an apparent compatibility issues including with AMD64.

I thing I am also facing similar problem and it is related to iTunes, I am using iTunes for over a year and I just noticed the excessive use of memory by itunes.exe in the task manager I am using windows 7 on my computer system and it is having four gigabytes of RAM. itunes.exe: 147 808 kb (even just listening) OUTLOOK.EXE: 61644 kb. I know what is causing the problem but need the solution for the same.

This consumption is explained by the fact that the library resides in memory (and few things are stored in the tags file) , iTunes manages my 2000 albums and consumes 500Mb memory, so that only: the jacket iTunes, the number of tracks per album, the numbering of the CD in the case of a multi-CD album and "the artist for the tri "or" album for sorting "beginning with an article are shown in the library. You admit that it makes memory finally few titles, but the price to pay for the rapid reaction iTunes.

My iTunes runs on 13GB 2079 items, with almost all information backgammon and albums and titles. I am about to listen to music right now, I remove 2 or 3 tracks and add stars for the classification and hence the memory usage increased to 337,412 KB is pretty crazy that elevation . If the price is, of course, I am stoked to iTunes, but with my Giga of RAM, it will be necessary so that I invest in the terminal strip, because I always have more software that runs in Meanwhile, with some using a lot of memory (Photoshop, in design, architecture 3D software) and I like listening to music when I work on computer. It's still a bit high just for music.

CleanMem For an effective, it will showing RAM usage by process of origin from the top running, and after CleanMem lower and reduce memory consumption by instructing all the processes to free unused memory, which reduces RAM usage by Firefox, IE and other browsers. I am sure that if you use CleanMem software application, then you will definitely able to solve this problem of excessive memory usage.