Thread: Unable to delete extra user account from XP

Unable to delete extra user account from XP

I know its sounds little easier but its a annoying part for me on my newly installed Windows XP system. Recently i formatted my computer and reinstall Windows XP SP2. Please dont ask me why i dint go with Vista or Windows 7, i like XP. Everything was fine but during the process, installation forced me to create an another account, so i made. But after completing the installation and drivers setup, when am trying to delete the extra made user account, am just unable to do so. What i want is just a Administrator account. Could you guys please help me in deleting this extra useless account ?

Re: Unable to delete extra user account from XP

I hope you might be aware but still i would like to make you know that make sure you are not logged in the same account that you are trying to delete. Also i guess both the accounts are Administrator accounts. Hence at the present you have 2 administrator accounts , you be supposed to be capable to log into the primary one and remove the extra one... if you unable, than that means one of them is not with the admin privileges.

As per me, I use to create accounts with admin privileges and am capable to erase them after some time without any difficulty.

I guess you are trying to do this from the User Accounts under Control Panel. Lets try it put from the Local Users and Groups. You can do this by right clicking on My Computer and select Manage. Now select Local Users and Groups from the System Tools Options. Now just right click on the user account you wanna remove and select delete from the option.

Try deleting the accounts form the safe mode. Reboot the machine and tapping the F8 key. One the list appears, select Safemode. After the start up, go into start, control panel, user accounts and delete accounts as you wish.

If it is not possible to delete than you can also disable the account. First, right click on My Computer and select "Manage. In the "Computer Management", go to the level of "Local Users and Groups" then "Users". On the right, double-click the user account you want to disable.

You can also remove user account in DOS. To do this click Start, click Run, type CMD and then press Enter. type net user then hit Enter. Now type the name of the user account and press enter. For example:
    XYZ net user / del / y
    You should have then this message: The command completed effectively. To verify that our user account is deleted, type net user then hit Enter. The account should not appear now.