Thread: Anytime Upgrade accepts a product key, then Activation later demands a different one ?

Anytime Upgrade accepts a product key, then Activation later demands a different one ?

I had purchase a new computer that came with Windows 7 Home Premium. I want to setup remote desktop and for that I had selected Anytime Upgrade option. I had in that selected Windows 7 Professional for the license key. I had selected key and that was accepted by the same. After some week again the activation message came on the screen saying that I need to activate windows. Again after entering the same key the key was rejected. It gave me message saying invalid product key.

Re: Anytime Upgrade accepts a product key, then Activation later demands a different one ?

For this you can try to perform a clean installation. This works most of the time. But if you had bought the key then you get a option to fill up a form to register yourself online. Have you did the procedure. If not then you can go on Microsoft site for technical assistance and get fix for the same. Second thing did you have run any patch or update after that. If yes then you will need to re-install Windows.

Re: Anytime Upgrade accepts a product key, then Activation later demands a different one ?

Once you install Windows you get a period of 30 days to activate your license (official) Windows. Beyond that, you cannot use this system. So at the first time when you put the key then it might have not accepted properly and your trail was activated. I will recommend you to use activation by phone method to ensure that your product key is valid.

The system checks the validity of your license number and, if it is not considered a pirated license, your license is activated automatically. In certain cases this happens when your system fails to activate the key. Normally a installation of Windows does not work without putting a valid key. Try to contact the vendor for the same. You can also try Microsoft support.

I had did the same by phone method which gives you a surety for activation. For that while activation you have to choose method activate by phone and then choose your country, which will allow you to specify the number to call. Then dial the phone number and in the dialog, you have a number of the facility. You will need here to dial from keypad. The system checks the validity of your license with respect to the entry you just made. When all the groups ID are entered correctly, you can validate all and your license.

If the activation of a system refuses your license, and if you are certain not to have made mistake then you must return to the place of sale of your Windows license to require an original disc for that. You can also contact Microsoft if you are uncertain about the same and they will assist you for that. I hope you does have any virus issue on your system.

Now there can be several possibilities that can cause issue Windows activation during installation. The invalid product comes due to various reason like mistyped product key or the product key used does not match the version of Windows 7 which is installed on the computer. Check it to make sure it matches the version you are trying to activate. The product key is for a version update of Windows 7 which you are trying and you may not have previous version of Windows key when you install Windows 7. To install a version update of Windows 7, you must have Windows Vista or Windows XP on your computer.