Thread: Windows 7 uses wrong credentials when connecting to File Share

Windows 7 uses wrong credentials when connecting to File Share

I encompass an Windows 7 clients as members of MS Windows AD Domain concerning to commercial network by VPN. When client uses Ethernet or WiFi Internet correlation the whole thing is ok the entire corporate resourses are accessible from side to side VPN as they be supposed to be. Additional than when user uses dial-up to attach to Internet and then VPN to attach to corporate network there is a strange tribulation accessing File Shares. When user try to open File Share using connection by means of uncomplicated server name \\server\share or using DFS link \\mydomain.local\share\ system uses dial-up credentials "Session" instead of user Domain credentials. User fails to substantiate and File Share is unapproachable. When using link by means of full DNS server name \\server.mydomain.local\share\ system uses Domain credentials and File Share is obtainable. I utilize DSF shares for mapping network drives to the entire domain workstations and that maps are inaccessible from side to side VPN over dial-up Internet correlation on Windows 7 mobile clients. So I necessitate your advice how to resolve described tribulations.

Re: Windows 7 uses wrong credentials when connecting to File Share

Most of them encompass a client by means of these exact tribulations. It must be due to using high speed Data cards that necessitate a dial-up correlation to attach. I imagine I got the similar tribulations, and originate out the subsequent. When the username of the dialup correlation, which is used by the VPN, includes an AT-Sign "@" (ppp@a1.net in my case), windows uses this username as an alternative of the right one. Of course, this username is worthless for the domain, and the right of entry does not run. Whenever you utilize a FQDN, a window behaves the right method and users the cached credentials for the domain.

I am having tribulations concerning from an XP (Home) desktop apparatus to a Win 7 (Home Premium) laptop to share files. I encompass read and go subsequent to a lot of posts to no benefit. Particularly I have comprise and followed the advice in "How to create Windows 7 work by means of older Windows versions or descriptions for networking and file sharing" The XP box is using XP Home which be able to basically utilize 'Simple File Sharing'. On the XP box the win7 apparatus comes into view in the Network registry under the workgroup. If I hit it off on the apparatus I get a login prompt!

If you would similar to permit users access the system from network by means of the Guest account in Windows 7, give pleasure to make sure the related policy. In this you have to first launch gpedit.msc from Start Search box. After that you have to position to Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\. Subsequent to in the right pane, twice hit it off “Access this system from the network”. After that you have to hit it off on “Add User or Group”, add “Guest” in the register. After that you have to twice hit it off on “Deny access to this system from the network”. At the end you have to choose the “Guest” and hit it off Remove. If the tribulations tranquil happen, give pleasure to temporary put out of action firewall on the Windows 7 computer.

I make an apology. I be supposed to conscious that your system is Windows 7 Home Premium. I recommend you to go subsequent to this. First up all you have to open “regedit” from Start Search box. After that you have to position to the following tab. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\. After that in the right pane, you have to locate the following key. RestrictAnonymousSAM if you had located it you have to change the value to “0”. If the tribulation tranquil happens, temporary put out of action the antivirus and make sure the result the entire in excess of again.

Have you changed the Registry branch as I recommended in the above post. If it does not assist, then you might try to alter the right of entry permission for the shared folders in Windows 7. Give pleasure to particularly add Guest account in the permission registry. That is for the reason that Guest is not in everybody group in Windows 7. That have a right of entry permissions for the folder I am trying to share have comprise and been specified as everybody full control, and I have at present added Guest by means of full control. These create no difference. Immediately how would XP try and attach. One reading of the file mapping dialogue is that XP determine to try and attach by means of its own id, in this case OFFICE8\jc which perceptibly Win 7 cannot cope by means of. I tried adding OFFICE8\jc to the win 7 permissions additional than it would not permit it.