Thread: Constant "Do you want to scan and fix drive" message with Bitlocker.

Constant "Do you want to scan and fix drive" message with Bitlocker.

Currently I am using windows 7 on my three drive computer system; through the use of Bitlocker for encrypt drives D and E. After few weeks without any problem, I am now finding every time I am unlock the drive D after starting it I am getting message that is it scan your driver for fixing the drive. If I am clicking on it is taking more than eighty minutes. But if I reboot the machine then same message is displayed again.

Re: Constant "Do you want to scan and fix drive" message with Bitlocker.

Normally this problem occurs because of disk error or fragment on drive D. For finding the cause of your problem you need to follow these steps.
    First thing you need to do is run Check Disk in the Command Console.
    1. Go to start and then you have to type “cmd” in the search bar.
    2. After that you have to click on the search result that is listed and then you have to click run as administration.
    3. Now in the command prompt you have to type “Chkdsk /f /r” after that type “Y” and then press enter and reboot your computer system.

I recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate edition, and I wanted to encrypt a non-physical disk (partition) with bitlocker containing my data which I am certainly not touch. During the process of encryption my pc died alone because of a power outage. Only now, the drive appears as a block, but it is accessible, and this drive containing information (free space and used space) are wrong, he 5GB free myself out, so it was 80, and I do cannot even remove the password to put on another and repeat the encryption.

I think I am also facing this problem. When I right click on the drive, I click on Bitlocker, I "delete the password for this drive" and an error message myself out: "This password is the only way to unlock this player. Add another method of unlocking before you remove the password” Result, the drive is not encrypted because I cannot accede to request a password, and I cannot remove the password encryption to reapply. I deliver to you, which I used for the first time BitLocker.

Get your data, reformat the partition, and does not encrypt more! You only have to worry to lend. It may be time to buy yourself a backup, right? It will be much better for your data encryption! I hope this will help you to solve your problem, if you have any other issue then let me know about it, I will try to resolve it as soon as possible.

You are right but at this moment you know my wallet is very ill, it is not well at all. It has been drilled and it went wrong. Anyway there after a restart, Windows has included encryption, I am waiting for it to finish and I turn encryption. Thanks anyway I will have an external HD. Is it possible to do like the Mac, with Windows 7 a permanent backup data to an external HD?