Thread: Group policy: Office adm/admx confusion in mixed Win7/XP environment

Group policy: Office adm/admx confusion in mixed Win7/XP environment

I am having three workstation in that two are having windows 7 and one is having windows XP and the thing is that in Microsoft office 2010 is installed in windows 7 and in windows XP Microsoft office XP is installed and the problem is that I am having problem with the group policy of the adm/admx files. If I am configuring the setting according to windows 7 then it is not working on windows XP and if am configuring the settings according to windows XP then it is not working on windows 7. Is there any solution for this problem?

Re: Group policy: Office adm/admx confusion in mixed Win7/XP environment

Well the solution for your problem is really simple, you just need create or generate two policies, one you need to create for ADM and the other one you need to create for ADMX. In simple words you need to create ADM policies for your windows XP and ADMX policy for your windows 7 operating system. I am sure that this will help you to solve your problem.

As in the case file "doc" files to "docx" or "xls" toward "xlsx" Administrative Templates "ADM" have evolved to become ADMX. These are available on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, are based on a new format, more dynamic, and based on XML. These new models of government files make easier the management strategies based on the register. After stating the benefits of this new standard, we see a case study to see how to implement these new files on your Windows Server 2008. Finally, we see that it is possible to directly convert ADM ADMX very easily.

I have a big issue in my company: The Domain is Server 2003 and I just installed three server Data for 2008 users connecting to TSE . I then create a GPO for Terminal Server users there is no problem in a server 2003 gpo but does not descend on servers in 2008! I have to recreate all my GPO from 2008 server to make it compatible? Thank you for your help.

I think I am also facing similar problem my Gpo are well positioned on the Servers. My domain is in 2003 and before I Data Servers 2003 and no worries my GPO applied without problem. Following a renewal server was decd to spend in 2008 and the Gpo not apply on unique server 2008. Is there an incompatibility issue? Adm \ ADMX do I recreate all or mount a CD in 2008?

As far as I know it is necessary to edit your GPOs with GPMC 2008. Installs the feature on a 2008 server and edit your GPO windows 7 from a server 2008. Hence you need to configure settings according to that. I am sure this will help you to solve your problem. If you have any other issue then let me know about it, I will try to resolve that issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for your answer that's what I did and the GPO does not usually hang when I generate a report I have in the Group Policy Object denied Config = Users Terminal Access Denied (security filtering). If you have any related solution for this then please let me know about it. I will be waiting for your reply and once again thank you for your quick response.