Thread: Windows 7 Wireless Network Security Key easily shown with a click of the mouse

Windows 7 Wireless Network Security Key easily shown with a click of the mouse

Our company is planning for migrating to Windows 7 but the problem is that there are big security problems with this operating system. One of the security problems is that when the wireless LAN network key are entered in to system, then any user with the administrator privileges can easily enter network security key. I think that this problem is because of the checkbox that is placed below the network security keys, and do not want that, is there any method to hide or remove this security flaw.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Windows 7 Wireless Network Security Key easily shown with a click of the mouse

Actually thing is that this checkbox is built in design hence the “Show Characters” box cannot be disabled. The only thing you need to understand that this feature is configured for some users, who forget their passwords so they can easily recover that for this. But you must know that this can only be configured by only Administrator and the normal user is not allowed to access this thing.

Re: Windows 7 Wireless Network Security Key easily shown with a click of the mouse

Thank you for the quick response that you have provided and I understand that this in built but I am administrator of company and the thing is that I do not want this feature because I am sure that I will never forget the WAP key. And the other problem is that we have to give some user administrator rights because our company basically works as solution provider and some local users need to have administrator rights for installing some software.

It's three days I try to establish a wireless connection between my laptop with WiFi (wireless network card Realtek RTL8187B 802.11b / g 54Mbps) and my box Hitachi AH4021. Information of my system I am concerned about: First I Click on "Network" menu, I get my computer. Second Click on "Network and Sharing Center", I get only the links between open my computer - the SSID of the network established with another computer (internal network via the RJ and the open link with the Internet and not the wireless network and then Click on "Manage Network", I get only the SSID of the wireless network and not the one presented in. But I am not able to establish the wireless connection.

I think I am also facing similar problem. I also have a card miniport Microsoft Virtual WiFi . Should we go this route? Using the cable on the controller Ethernet SiS191, I go to the Internet without problem. The open network (the entire stairway is green) presented as the "other network" and when I clicked on (Log), I request that I provide the SSID (the wireless network and security key included in the creation of this network) that I provide. A moment of looking after, the message is: "Windows could not connect to 'name of the SSID, the wireless network.

I try Setting up a network (Windows 7) on the screen "Choose the router or wireless access point you want to configure, nothing happens after 90 seconds and more! I changed the SSID of the network established with another computer (JPF_PC)> to 'name of the SSID, the wireless network (WiFi JPF_W7) No improvement. INFORMATION continued communication with the "little virtual" SFR: Reconfigure the box with the CD-ROM> I tried with my old CD subscription club-internet but I get the menu 2 click the first band corresponding to WiFi but nothing is happening.

I have also tested my system on a wireless box AH4022 and it works very well. I have declared in the connection setup the SSID provided by the operator IC that no longer exists. For my installation with AH4021, there is some likelihood that the SSID is not appropriate to communicate with Windows 7. The type of security, WEP, and the type of 802.11g radio is under the name "other network".