Thread: No local security policy in Home edition how do I install iTunes?

No local security policy in Home edition how do I install iTunes?

At the time I was trying to configure iTunes, I am getting error message that the system administrator has setup some policies, because of that I cannot complete the installation. I have also called support center for this problem, they are saying that for completing the installation I have to adjust some of the security settings. But the problem is that home edition of windows 7 is not providing this feature. Is there any way to achieve this?

Re: No local security policy in Home edition how do I install iTunes?

The only thing I can suggest you for solving your problem is that you have to right click on the iTunes installation file that you have downloaded and then you have to run that thing as administrator. If that does not work for you than the other option you are having is to run that thing in compatibility mode. I am sure that will be helpful for solving your problem.

I having the perfect solution for the problem that you are facing. You need to go to control panel and then you have to create a new user as Administrator. After that you have to switch user to the new profile that you have created. After that you have to download a fresh copy of iTune. Then you have to run this as administrator. If you follow this procedure you will be able to solve the problem that your are facing.

I think I am also facing similar problem that you are facing but not for installing iTune but for playing network game. Actually the thing is that to play a network game, I need to adjust the local security policy that is in control panel > administrator tools. However, there is no "Local Security Policy" in Administrator tools. What should I do?

Windows 7 home does not have a management tool for local strategy as the default windows 7 pro. You can still install it by executing this trick fairly easy to execute. But you need to first download this zip file containing the dll and files necessary for installation of the tool of policy. You can download “secpol” from its official site.

I had to make a false trick, because I have access to the service of local policy, and I do not find it in "Config Panel > Administrative Tools". In addition, when I type "secpol.msc" in "Run", It is displaying message that “Windows cannot find 'secpol.msc'. Verify that you typed the name correctly and try again and for your information I am running Windows 7.

I have need to go ds strategy of local security / security options / LAN manager authentication level to change and enable "Send LM and NTLM responses" for this to access my hard drive multimedia DVICO 6500. Unfortunately I do not think strategy Local security authorities ds tools on my windows 7 premium.je have the well located for my other computer which has the full version dy but not accede with premium: someone he knows a how to find or how to go up a level LAN manager authentication without this modify, I cannot access my hard drive DVICO.