Thread: Using msvbvm50.dll on Windows 7

Using msvbvm50.dll on Windows 7

Hi there,

I am using a Windows 7 operating system on my Acer laptop. When I am trying to install some application on my computer at that time I am getting an error message that says MSVBVM50.dll file is missing and then I am unable to install the application. I want to sort out of this problem as soon as possible. Please help me to get rid out this problem. Thanks

Re: Using msvbvm50.dll on Windows 7

The error message that you are getting which says that you are missing MSVBVM50.dll file is actually a part of Visual Basic 5.0. You can try to click on the KB Article ID: 180071 - FILE - Msvbvm50.exe to install the Visual basic 5.0 Run-Time Files from the below link and solve you issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180071

There are many times that a programs installation might not be properly installed or registered necessary components. The MSVBVM50.dll problem that you are facing can be easily solve by following this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179492. You just have to follow the directions under the Resolution section or else you can also try to install the package as an administrator optionally. You just have to download the MSVBVM50.EXE package to your computer desktop and then right click on it and run as Administrator.

If the above solution is not working then have you tried to check the compatibility of the game with Windows 7? Are you facing the same problem with previous versions of operating systems, that is, either Windows XP or Vista? Try to open run in elevated command prompt and type regsvr32 and then type in the below letters and press Enter:
    RegSvr32.Exe MSVBVM50.DLL

You will be able to see a successful message like below:
    "DLLRegisterServer in C:\Windows\System\MSVBVM50.DLL succeeded"

Re: Using msvbvm50.dll on Windows 7

thank you very much