Thread: Creating a restore point in IdeaPad Y560 Laptop

Creating a restore point in IdeaPad Y560 Laptop

I have got IdeaPad Y560 Laptop. Since last few days I am experiencing some problems in my computer, it is not working as smooth as before. I am getting a lot of pop ups in between. I think my system is infected with malwares and viruses. I thought fragmenting the disk will work but nothing improved. My system contains lot of junk files, how can delete those junk files.

Re: Creating a restore point in IdeaPad Y560 Laptop

If you are talking about the junk files, yes these junk file can be the reason that is creating those pop ups.I can suggest you a software that will help you to cleaning up those files. You can download a software called pc tune up to delete tose files. This pc tune up is cheaper and can run on any platform. Once you have installed just run it as you scan for a virus.

I do not think you should rely on any such software, you would have downloaded some software or application that has lead to adverse impact and is now causing unwanted results. I think you should do a System Restore rather than downloading and installing further unknown software and utilities. I do not have much idea how to do it but trust me it really works.

Yes doing a Restore point is indeed the solution to fox your problem. System restore means to undo the changes. It is one of the component or utility that will allow you to roll back the changes made in installation, registry and system files to a previous state called a restore point. You cannot perform a system restore unless you have restore point.

To start System Restore using the Command prompt, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer, and then press and hold F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in safe mode with a Command prompt.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode with a Command prompt option.
    • If you are prompted to select an operating system, use the arrow keys to select the appropriate operating system for your computer, and then press ENTER.
    • Log on as an administrator or with an account that has administrator credentials.
    • At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER.
    • Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to a functional state.