Thread: Office Standard 2007 does not accept the 25 character product key on the label

Office Standard 2007 does not accept the 25 character product key on the label

I have installed Windows 7 on my Dell Vostro Desktop computer system and I have the Microsoft standard 2007. When i am entering 25 character product key then i am getting an error "0" is not a valid character in a Product Key. Now what should i do and how to solve this problem. It is not at all ready to accept the Product key itself.

Re: Office Standard 2007 does not accept the 25 character product key on the label

I guess you might be doing some silly mistake while entering the product key of your Office 2007. As you are getting an error as "0" is not a valid character then i think you should try to enter "O" instead of "0" which might be the real CD key. First enter the whole product key by replacing all the ZEROs with the character "O". Still if you are getting the same error then please reply back with whatever error you might be getting on your system.

Re: Office Standard 2007 does not accept the 25 character product key on the label

I recommend you to contact with the dealer from where you have bought this Microsoft's product. As if there would be anything wrong with the product key itself then you may get the new product key or you might get the new product itself which must not have any such problem. But make sure that this problem is persisting on other computer systems as well except yours.

Last option which you have is to call the customer care of Microsoft which might be knowing about this problem if this problem is much popular for such product. So there might be some other way to enter the product key on your system but i just do not have any idea that how you should do it.

I have noticed some people do mistake while entering the serial key of Microsoft Office. Actually one of them was me as well as i have made a mistake for entering the same, there was a numbers pasted behind the CD case of an Office 2007 and i was trying to enter it which was not acceptable by the software but then i found one more sticker on an inner side which was actually a 25 character product key so it accepted it. You may check about the same.

Yes, I have made this mistake many times when i enter the CD Key for any software or any games. Actually there used to be many kind of codes pasted on the cover of the CD, And many time CD itself has a file in which CD Key has been saved. I think it is good habit to get the CD Key from that folder itself.