Thread: Windows explorer random crashes for Windows 7 64 bit

Windows explorer random crashes for Windows 7 64 bit

I am using 64 bit Windows 7 Operating system on my computer and i am facing very much annoying problem on this system. Windows Explorer keeps on crashing at any time. My event error logs are as follows.

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16404, time stamp: 0x4a765771
    Faulting module name: ole32.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be01a
    Exception code: 0xc000041d
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000fd7d2
    Faulting process id: 0xd50
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ca7a1f2eeaa801
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\ole32.dll
    Report Id: 8443a25b-e612-11de-b2bf-00241dd95063

Re: Windows explorer random crashes for Windows 7 64 bit

It seems like an explorer.exe of your windows 7 operating system have got corrupted due to which it keeps on terminating as soon as you do any operation on windows explorer. I think you should check about the same on your system or you may have to reinstall the whole operating system on your computer system which will surely solve this problem.

I have experienced this problem on my Windows 7 system some time before. You have make some changes in the Windows registry as by some reason the value of your system's registry have got changed due to which your system is not able to run explorer.exe properly on it. I suggest you to download the registry cleaner by using which you have to scan your computer and then click on Fix button.

There could be some kind of virus on your system which have corrupted your windows system files and hence it is not able to run explorer.exe properly on your system. I think you should scan your system by using some good anti virus software which would definitely find some viruses on your system, so remove it out of your system and then reboot the system. Then again scan and check that the same virus have recreated its files or not.

Dr. V Guest

It might also happen that there is some third party application on your Windows 7 system which could be an infected by some viruses due to which your system is not running explorer.exe consistently. I think you should open the Task Manager by pressing the CTRL+ALT+DELETE and then check that which all processes are running on your system. By doing this you would come to know that which process is doing this all weird functions on your system.

If your problem does not gets solved by scanning and removing the viruses from your computer then i guess you have to reinstall the Windows operating system on your machine so your system would be having a fresh new operating system and hence you wont be needing any repairing in its registry which in fact solves this problem.