Thread: Windows 7 RTM Search causing Sharing Violation in Excel 2007

Windows 7 RTM Search causing Sharing Violation in Excel 2007

I just changed my workstations and switched to Windows 7, Office 2007. More and more of my users complaint sharing violation when saving it in Excel sharing violations repetitive (unable to save modifications). The environment is Windows7 Pro, Office 2007, Trend Micro 6.0 SBS with a domain name server running on a Windows Server 2003. If one of you to experience the same kind of slows down the rendering and to find no solution, I'm interested. Thank you

Re: Windows 7 RTM Search causing Sharing Violation in Excel 2007

Try to download the hotfix and install it on your system. If the problem persists even with the application of the hotfix, then I ask you a question that will give us another trackDo you use antivirus software like Trend Micro. If the answer is yes then try to exclude Office real time scanning. If your antivirus is Trend, try the same procedure as exclusion. I wait your return. Thank you.

I think you should follow the instructions below for the problems with Excel files
    1. Avoid using Windows Explorer to locate and open the Excel files (. Xls,. Xlsx). Any background you access the Excel temp files Will stress the occurrence of the outcome.
    2. Close the Explorer window where resides where in the Excel file.
    3. Click File -> Open to open the file. Do not double-click the file icon in the Explorer window.
    4. Avoid "any editing Excel files That lies on the Desktop. Before opening the files, make sure to move 'em to Another Other Than the Desktop folder.

Follow the below mentioned procedures:
    • Make sure That the Trend Micro scan engine Does not lock the files. Follow the procedure in this KB entry.
    • Remove the directories (the files are saved WHERE) from the list of directories scanned by the Windows Search service (SearchIndex.exe).
    • Go to Control Panel and open the Indexing Options.
    • Click Modify.
    • Select or deselect the folders That You Want to include or exclude from indexing

Good luck.

I think you will have to download the service pack 2 for the office 2007. you can download it from the following link http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...file-en-us.exe.
    After installing the service pack the you will have to install the hotfix from the below link :
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970950
    if you are not allowed to download it directly then i would advice you to apply for the request.