Thread: The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program error in windows 7

The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program error in windows 7

I Faced this problem while i was using windows vista i got this error message which states that "the action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program" . I had heard that this error will be fixed in the newer windows that is in windows 7 but at times i still get this error message. what is the problem.

Re: The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program error in windows 7

I think that this problem occurs when you try to copy or move a file from one directory to another when the file is already open. This bug is fixed in windows 7. if you are getting this error this seems as it is due to a virus that present on your system which needs to be fixed as soon as possible in order to avoid further damage to your system files. Scan your system and get all the viruses removed.

Re: The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program error in windows 7

I have an important file that is used by an application. I can not copy this file if the application is open. Is this how a person would do this copy even if my application is open. When Ghost symentec made his image of hard disk it copies the entire hard disk even if the windows files are used. That remark and make you understand that there is a solution, but unfortunately I do not know Thank you for your reply.

There appears a conflict between some of the applications and also it indicates that you have installed some software or something on your system and hence i would suggest you to restore your system to a specific point where your system is working without any sort of problems. After the restoration the problem will be fixed.