Thread: Does Windows 7 support Hyper Terminal communications?

Does Windows 7 support Hyper Terminal communications?

I have recently updated my computer system from Windows Vista to the Windows 7 OS. I would be more then happy if some body can say me that windows 7 can support Hyper Terminal communications. Though i have not tried it yet but is there anybody who have used it. Please tell me how to get it on Windows 7 machine.

Re: Does Windows 7 support Hyper Terminal communications?

I have seen that the windows 7 operating system does not supports for the Hyper Terminal for you wont be able to have communication by using such terminal on your windows 7 machine. I guess even Windows Vista does not have support for the same so i would like to ask you that have you ever used Hyper Terminal communications on Vista system?

No matter if you cannot use the Hyper Terminal communications on your windows 7 operating system as i have an alternative to do it on the same machine. I suggest you to use PuTTy which is an SSH and telnet client, developed originally by Simon Tatham for the Windows platform. PuTTY is open source software that is available with source code and is developed and supported by a group of volunteers.

Dr. V Guest

Realterm is a serial/tcpip terminal application that you can use in order to control and debug binary as well as complex data streams. It is much better for debugging communications than Hyperterminal but It does not support for dialing modems, BBS etc which is a purpose of hyperterminal.

HyperTerminal is a program that is integrated with each version of the Microsoft Windows operating system and lets your PC to work as a computer terminal in order to connect with other computer systems remotely. The remote computer systems are mainframe computer systems that offer programs which accept a terminal on the other end of the connection.