Thread: The Standard XP Search Box in windows 7

The Standard XP Search Box in windows 7

I wanted to know how can i search for a word or phrase on the system as i use to search in windows XP. Because in windows 7 there is only the seach box and where as in windows XP i was able to search for the word or phrase in a particular file. i am not able to find such an option in windows 7. any one aware hoe to go about this. I will be thankful to you.

Re: The Standard XP Search Box in windows 7

As far as i know this search feature which was provided by the windows XP is not there in windows 7. But i have a work around for this problem if you want to search a particular phrase in the file you will have to make use of the content attribute in the search filed. Simply type content:"The phrase which you want" and press the enter key. This will help you to search for the particular content which you are looking for.

I of course saw the search bar in the start menu, I made the trick "Windows + E", but what I want is more choice. For example, under xp, it does not bang in search of words and he sought all the files! now he must give it the name of a file. I picked a picture that is on my pc and I do not know his name! If I could tell him to find all the pictures, I think I can find it by displaying the results as thumbnails. I can not find the interface has to, as under xp, search for all files. Jpg for example. I hope you understand my concerns.

There are a number of ways to filter based on. Doc or. Jpg. You left click on the field (top right of the window explorer the result of the search!), And unfolds an option to add the search filter " it has some in built filter which will help you to enable the search feature similar to that of windows XP. Hopefully this should fix the problem.

Fiorst of all i would like to thank you all for replying me,It offers some search filters but only two filters: Modified on: and Size: It does not ask me things like file type (picture, videos, files) (. jpg,. ...........) mov or location of research (drive C or D). can you tell me how can i get those options too listed on my search box. I have only 2 choices