Thread: How to manually reset the DRM

How to manually reset the DRM

I am having a desktop computer which is installed with windows 7 and my desktop computer was preconfigured with Windows 7. I am not able to play a media file on it and it gives me an error message stating "The media rights on your computer has encountered an error and needs to be manually reset. error code: c00d11d6 (c00d278f)." Hope somebody will definitely help me to resolve this error.

Re: How to manually reset the DRM

This problem occurs because Windows 7 is preinstalled on a new computer using the technology to deploy Windows-based image. The Windows Media DRM and Zune DRM are affected by this type of installation of Windows 7. In addition, you can not buy or read files support Windows Media DRM protected and new Zune DRM protected media files on that computer.

I too have a problem with the drm, I'm legally downloaded music (and on virgin fnac) and for some time, every time window media makes me an error message telling me that I must contact the site where I bought, I did exactly what the hotline told me to do, I even disabled my firewall, and I still can not, I still get the message Error. Who can help me, knowing that I'm not a light computer !!!!! thank you

For manually resetting the Digital rights management or DRM in Windows 7 or Windows Vista follow the steps which are listed below:
    • Start Windows Explorer. To do this, click Start, type userinit.exe in the Search box, then press ENTER.
    • Click Organize, click Folder Options and research.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Under hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders, clear the check box Hide protected operating system files (recommended) and click OK.

I would suggest you to disable the music copy protection before copying the content before copying the content.
    • Finally click the right mouse button on the windows media player toolbar , finally point to the tools and then click options.
    • After this click the RIP music tab.
    • Clear the check box protect music against copying
    • And then copy the music the problem should be resolved.