Thread: This copy of Windows is not genuine? - Windows 7 Ultimate from Microsoft Seminar

This copy of Windows is not genuine? - Windows 7 Ultimate from Microsoft Seminar

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer which I got from a Microsoft Seminar. It was a clean install and not an upgraded one. But the system gives me a message saying "This copy of Windows is not Genuine". Here I have one doubt that if I got this Windows from Microsoft then how can it be non Genuine edition. Can you help me in this?

Re: This copy of Windows is not genuine? - Windows 7 Ultimate from Microsoft Seminar

I think that's because you either have not passed the wizard where you are supposed to enter the license key. If you are sure about your Windows 7 that its genuine then perform the activation process manually. Go to Start, and "slui.exe 4" in the Search box. Press the 'ENTER' key. Choose your 'Country' from the list, then the 'Phone Activation' option. Stay connected to the phone and wait for a representative to help you with activation.

Re: This copy of Windows is not genuine? - Windows 7 Ultimate from Microsoft Seminar

This may occur if there is a lack of permissions in the registry key HKU\S-1-5-20. Make sure the Network Service account have full control and read permissions for that registry key. Go to Registry Editor. Right click the HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20 registry key, and select "Permissions...". Click "Add..." to add an entry for the NETWORK SERVICE if it isn't already present. Under "Enter the object names to select" type Network Service, click "Check Names" and then OK. Choose the NETWORK SERVICE and Grant Full Control and Read permissions. Reboot your computer. You may need to reactivate your account.

It may also occur if you have a Plug and Play Group Policy object (GPO). Disable it and see if this works. For this, go to Start, Run and type "rsop.msc". Navigate to "Computer Configuration / Policies / Windows Settings /Security Settings / System Services /". You should see some settings related to the Plug and Play service. Edit the Group Policy and change it to “Not Defined.” You may even use "gpupdate /force" command to force the Group Policy setting to be reapplied.

Install and launch the MGA Diagnostic Tool to see if this fixes the problem. On the MGA Diagnostic Tool, click the Continue button. Go to the Windows tab, click the Resolve button and then restart your computer. If still the problem exists then perform the Clean Boot and see if it works.