Thread: Where is location of Outlook.pst file in Windows 7

Where is location of Outlook.pst file in Windows 7

I tried to create a startup script to move the Outlook.pst file to a user of a machine service of his former personal directory in his new personal folder. I am running Windows 7 and Microsoft Outlook Where can I find the location of this file and its login. I wanted to copy my Outlook.pst file from my laptop which is running with windows XP to my newly purchased desktop computer which is running with windows 7.

Re: Where is location of Outlook.pst file in Windows 7

I am facing the same problem, I can not find the file C: \ Documents and Settings \ User \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook \
    how to find on the internet. Here i wanted to know where this outlook.pst files located on the system. i cannot loose this file at any cost because i have some very important contacts on it. Please help

The location which you have specified here is very correct but as far as i know the appdata files is are hidden and hence you will have to unhide all the hidden files to view these files. Follow the procedures mentioned below in order to unhide hidden files.
    • Open Explorer (why open a folder or My Computer for example).
    • In XP, Go to the Tools menu and select "Folder Options"
    • Choose the tab "View"
    • Select "Show hidden files and folders".

I am getting the "Error 550: Relaying Denied", "Problem connecting to your mail server", "Outlook Express could not start because Msoe.dll could not be loaded" "This program will be shut has performed an illegal operation "... Learn how to overcome the error messages by looking at the page devoted to the main error messages from Outlook Express.

The secure authentication with the POP server is problematic. First solution is to turn it off. To this end, pull down the Tools menu and select Accounts .... Select the account you want and click the Properties button. In the Server tab, uncheck My server requires authentication in the Outgoing Mail Server section. Second solution: install the "Client for Microsoft Networks". Check the knowledge base of Microsoft for instructions.