Thread: Windows 7 IRQ Conflict Not Detected By Windows but still comprimises system

Windows 7 IRQ Conflict Not Detected By Windows but still comprimises system

I have assembled a new PC. I had attached Intel Core i7 on the MSI Platinum x58 motherboard. In this system I had also added two PCI cards. Unfortunately, the operating system automatically assigns IRQs and now thinks the IRQ 16 essential both to a USB controller. This leads to conflict in my system. I think the issue might be related to the graphic card support. What can be done here.

Re: Windows 7 IRQ Conflict Not Detected By Windows but still comprimises system

Device can not start (Code 10) is the error message that appears at the system. Even if I have a USB hard drive is not attached. I had added a usb card in my system. After installation of Windows I got a message that the device driver could not be installed. I choose a different USB port which is onboard and that worked. I had also attached both PCI cards and there all USB ports work fine. This is simply a pure hardware failure.

I have little in the BIOS menus that allow configuration of the ESCD and the IRQ / address directly. Only I can set this for COM1. Otherwise, you can almost set the same in bios. But apparently the ESCD is updated so there might be some issue when you try to configure a TV Tuner card. There was a different card attached there before. If I can assign the USB ports a different IRQ it would already helped.

If the IRQ tables are updated then that is not a issue her.e You have the direct point to Update ESCD and you can assign the settings same from the BIOS. If you have an extra sound card then I will recommend you to at least disable the onboard sound to avoid conflict on your system. For this you would have to either install the computer as a non-ACPI-PC .i.e. a standard PC, which is absolutely not recommended.

On my old PC I had at least the option to adjust if the BIOS does allow the same. So I am assuming that everything can be done in Windows 7. I was particularly desperate and have not yet recognized this conflict. I had did various attempts to reset CMOS. Things I find particularly interesting is that msinfo32 which shows me far more than 100 different possible IRQs.

So if ACPI is disabled in bios and it can be run in Windows 7 which neither install nor new. It must remain so obviously turned on automatically. In the Device Manager you can see the computer as ACPI 64-based PC. To change the same I had not yet succeeded spontaneously. This is a standard PC and I could not set there, since I do not find the right drivers could.

The drivers were all installed correctly, or automatically or through online or CD, other than for the game-port of the sound card which is Audigy 2 ZS and those for the processor. If Windows is installed in ACPI mode IRQ sharing is managed by the operating system. Normally the IRQ sharing is good, but if you want to be able to assign IRQs to your liking you have to disable the ACPI BIOS and install the operating system from scratch in order to use a HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) standard.