Thread: Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

Yesterday my new computer screwed together. I had installed Windows 7 and then installed the drivers from the CD which contains all drivers. In the Device Manager I found a unknown device. It was Intel Management Engine Interface. I got a error saying the device can not start. Code 10. Even installing from the most current driver from the Intel site has done does not help.

Re: Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

The Intel Management Engine Interface (Intel ME Interface) is the interface between the Intel Management Engine firmware and the system. Drivers and applications of the system, which communicate with the Intel Management Engine through the system interface to use, plus the Windows driver for the Intel ME Interface. It supports till Windows XP I am not sure about the same for Windows 7. Go to the official site of Intel.

You will get the latest updates for the from the Intel site. I have faced similar issue for lat 3-4 months with the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) and Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI). I get the information about the device manager that the device is not ready and the driver can not be loaded (code 10 and code 31). The latest drivers and the software I have downloaded from the manufacturer's site.

I my problem is a bit more complicated here. First of all the device is showing exclamation mark in Device Manager. In addition to access problems, my CPU is running at about 65-70 ° C. This has happened after updating the drivers. I am running cpu temp on my screen to make sure whether the temperature must not go much higher. Why it is heating up I am not able to figure out.

I was able to solved the problem on my system. For that you will need the bootable disc of Windows 7. Go in Device Manager and then right click on the device. Choose update driver and choose the option of automatic. Insert Windows disc and wait back. By this it is correct that the driver for the interface will be found and the problem should be solved. Or else you the manufacturers cd.

I have Win XP and would like to install Windows 7 on my system. I have downloaded the Windows upgrade advisor and after testing my PC I got the message saying that the Intel Management Engine Interface is not compatible. Does this mean there are difficulties in the upgrade. Is I can do something here to update my hardware issue. I had not yet started for upgrade.

I will recommend you to search for the currently required driver and then only go for the upgrade. You must get the compatible drivers for Windows 7. You know certainly the model number of your motherboard. Go the official site of the motherboard and then search for driver. The site provides you regular updates for the same. Make a disc of the same and then update it.

Hi
    I had an exclamation mark on Intel Management Engine Interface in Device Manager on my HP dc7700 SFF PC.
    First make sure you have installed the latest HECI Driver from HP.
    Then
    Power on the PC
    Press CTRL+P to enter the MEBx (Management Engine BIOS)
    Select Intel ME Configuration
    The default password is admin
    Select Y when prompted to reset the system configuration
    Select Intel ME State Control
    Select Enabled
    Save changes
    Exit
    The exclamation mark has gone!