Thread: Apply local GP administrative templates to certain users?

Apply local GP administrative templates to certain users?

I searching for the lock down of few windows 7 workstation that are not in a domain and the part of that include disabling the access for control panel for each and every person but leaving the administrator. But only built in GP will be able to find, and deny access for control panel and this should be applicable to everyone. According to me this best way for making my own administrative GP template that will be setting no control panel registry key, but the problem is that administrative templates are also applied to all the local users and I do not want that.

Re: Apply local GP administrative templates to certain users?

Well as far as I know it cannot be done in windows 7 without creating any domain. But the installation of drivers for some devices can cause this type of inconvenience if the previous driver has not been properly uninstalled. To diagnose the element in the control panel causing the error, just move all *. cpl files in the directory c: windowssystem32 in the directory of your choice and place them one by one.

An alternative is to click alternately on each of them (double click or single click if not activated) until the crash. Then, either you move the file in question in a specific directory. To fix it just reinstall the previous driver or delete control panel item of concern. It is possible that the malfunction is due to malware, in which case it is necessary to scan the computer with AntiVirus with Spybot and Ad-aware.

I am looking for an Administrative Template for Windows Server 2008 to configure and customize client machines are running Windows 7. I already downloaded it: Administrative Templates (ADMX) for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. But I do not think this is really the solution to my problem, finally I am not sure. Either I have improperly installed, or this model does not contain the parameters that I want.

According to me install the template I created a folder named "PolicyDefinitions" in C: \ Windows \ SYSVOL \ sysvol \ mydom \ Policies and I copied the files. Admx and the file containing en-US files. Adml . A priori, new settings are configured in the GPMC but no parameters directly related to Windows 7 is present. My goal is to configure clients so that they are under window 7 as light as possible (without Aero, without effects, etc). I thought to create a custom ISO of Windows 7 but relocation is not feasible.

Concerning the errors: NETLOGON: Failed to authenticate a computer on the network to logon W32Time: This computer is a domain controller in the main root of the forest. Set it to sync from an external time source using the network command 'net time / setsntp: server name W32Time: Time service cannot provide secure time stamp of the customer because the attempt to validate its computer account failed with error 1317.

The first service was not able to find a domain controller with which synchronizer longstanding causes of repeated network prob. To reduce network traffic, the timer service will wait 960 minutes before trying again. No synchronization will occur during these intervals, even if connectivity is restored. Errors accumulated clock may cause the failure of certain network operations.