Thread: Limit Disk Space Used by Offline Files Group Policy is not working properly

Limit Disk Space Used by Offline Files Group Policy is not working properly

Limit Disk space is a very helpful setting normally in the corporate environment; hence it will be better if we have any other alternative method for this but not the manual way. The problem that we are facing is that if we are enabling it and configuring it, then the option for client computer is grayed out but the problem is that the previous setting looks to stop. First I thought that this is a UI bug, but it is not, I have checked all the settings but unable to solve the problem.

Re: Limit Disk Space Used by Offline Files Group Policy is not working properly

I am also facing the similar problem, I have tried many things but it did not resolve the issue. Let me try to explain it in more detail. I have tested this thing by filling it for network share for its limit, but after completing twenty five percent all the file that are stored wasn’t cached. In short after having hundred percent resources we are only allowed to use only one fourth of that.

There are many others who are facing this problem, so for solving this problem Microsoft has launched the hotfix for that. This hotfix will definitely solve the problem that you are facing. I am suggesting this thing because I have use it in my computer lab and now there is no problem like that. You can download the hotfix on Microsoft site or you can click on this Hotfix link.

I have a problem synchronizing my files on my server (function "make available offline"). the message I consistently is "impossible to make 'filename' available offline on 'adresse_sur_serveur'. The system is currently running using the last known good configuration" . See I am not a technical expert but trying to resolve the issue that I am facing and I need suggestion from your side.

To create a shared folder for the user My Documents folders
    1. Log on HQ-CON-DC-01 in as administrator.
    2. Click the right mouse button on the Start button, then click Explore.
    3. In the left pane, click Local Disk (C: ). In the right pane, right-click an empty area. In the context menu, select New, then click Folder.
    4. User Data Type, then press Enter.
    5. Click the right mouse button on the User Data folder, then click Properties.
    6. In the Properties dialog box of User Data, click the Sharing tab.
    7. Click Share this folder, then type user data in $ Share Name

I totally agree with the above reply and if you records to redirect users using a group policy then you can follow the steps that are given below.
    1. Click the Start button, point to All Programs, Administrative Tools, then click Group Policy Management.
    Note: The following procedure assumes that you first install the Management Console Group Policy. If you have not already done so, follow the procedure described in Step by Step Guide for using the Management Console Group Policy to install and configure.
    2. In GPMC, expand the tree to the forest contoso Production / Accounts / Contoso.com.
    3. Click the right mouse button on the organizational unit (OU) Production, then click Create and Link a Group Policy object here.
    4. In the New GPO window, type Folder Redirection in Name, and then click OK.
    5. Expand the organizational unit (OU) Production, right-click Folder Redirection, and then click Edit.
    6. In the Object Editor Group Policy, expand Windows Settings, and then Folder Redirection.