Thread: Turn on hardware acceleration in windows 7

Turn on hardware acceleration in windows 7

When I try to open a game on my computer it gives me message on the screen saying Hardware acceleration is disabled or it is not supported by video card driver, which can give out a slow performance. What is this actually. I have a video card and there is latest driver installed to it. I had already installed the most newest update for this and still I found this error. How to fix this out.

Re: Turn on hardware acceleration in windows 7

First have you checked if the hardware acceleration was enabled. Make a right click on the desktop and then choose Properties and then click on Settings. Then go in Advanced tab and then click on Troubleshooting. Here you must have a tick on Hardware Acceleration graphic card and put the No to full. Then reboot your system and then check back again. This might not come.

On my PC I have installed vista and windows 7. Since I have a little problem when I want to play such games, a message appears the Acceleration hardware is disabled or it is not supported by video card driver. Make sure the video card driver is installed the newest and that hardware acceleration is enabled. I tried to fix the same with drivers but nothing found there. This looks any hardware issue.

Better go in Advance settings and then look for the troubleshooting tab. Then click on change settings and then provide the admin password if needed. Confirm the password and the move the hardware acceleration. Move the slider and then restart the system. This is the basic acceleration setting. Reboot your system.

If the problem is solved when you move the Hardware acceleration slider to None or Basic acceleration functions, contact your manufacturer to find out how to obtain and install the latest video driver for your graphics card. If you have installed the latest video driver for your graphics card and display issues persist when the Hardware acceleration slider is set to Full. Do not forget to restart your system.

I cannot give you access to the window to settle the hardware acceleration, but I still it is block. On the desktop you right click and then go in display properties. If you are not able to fix that from there then other option for the same is updating the drivers. But still if that not work then system restore. This fixes the issue most of the time. In some cases the virus blocks the update of the graphics card driver.

I had faced similar issue and for that I had turned off my anti virus to update my graphics card. But in any case it has solved the problem of the hardware acceleration I do not know why just the fact of playing games I found this error. Under display properties go in Advanced Settings and then click on the tab Troubleshooting and if your video card driver permits the Settings button to change. If error by reducing the hardware acceleration disposed of, you should warranty the vendor to take your claim, because the video card driver from a defect can be expected in a current.

Quote Originally Posted by SalVatore View Post
    I had faced similar issue and for that I had turned off my anti virus to update my graphics card. But in any case it has solved the problem of the hardware acceleration I do not know why just the fact of playing games I found this error. Under display properties go in Advanced Settings and then click on the tab Troubleshooting and if your video card driver permits the Settings button to change. If error by reducing the hardware acceleration disposed of, you should warranty the vendor to take your claim, because the video card driver from a defect can be expected in a current.
    I need to turn off my Audio Acceleration but my graphic card wont let me click the "change the settings" button on the troubleshoot tab, what can i do to disable it? The reason i wanted to disable is that when i play Splinter Cell Conviction, it will gv out a critical error and most ppl claims that they fixed it by disabling their Audio Acceleration.. How to disable it and will that help?

i just write click on my desktop and there is nothing like properties am using olidata laptop version U50SI1 , am having same problem . How do i download the latest video card driver and also how do i know if it is installed on my system. and pls help me on the hardware acceleration problem

Quote Originally Posted by owenlyn1 View Post
    i just write click on my desktop and there is nothing like properties am using olidata laptop version U50SI1 , am having same problem . How do i download the latest video card driver and also how do i know if it is installed on my system. and pls help me on the hardware acceleration problem
    You have to go to the official olidata manufacturer website to download all the drivers that is required in your laptop. Or download a software called driver detective which will automatically detect which all drivers are required in your laptop. Search driver detective on google and download and install it on your laptop and after that just check all the missing drivers required in your laptop.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

when i right click n the desk top i do not see properties. i am trying to enable the acceleration hardware??

Quote Originally Posted by gigila View Post
    when i right click n the desk top i do not see properties. i am trying to enable the acceleration hardware??
    What is the operating system installed in your pc. Can you try to run System File Checker and see if that can help. To do that click Start and then in search type command prompt and right click on it and run as administrator. After that when the cmd box opens you need to type this command : sfc /scannow. It will try to fix the corrupted system files in your computer. Once the process is done then try to right click on desktop and see if you get the properties options.