Thread: Cannot join a windows 7 pc to the domain

Cannot join a windows 7 pc to the domain

I have recently bought laptop and windows 7 is configured on it, the problem is that I am not able to join the domain in my workplace, but it is getting the network without any problem. The other machines that are having Windows XP are able to join the same domain without any problem. Is there any solution for the problem I am facing, because it is really frustrating?

Re: Cannot join a windows 7 pc to the domain

I think that I am also facing similar problem, I have 7 ordis networked on a LAN via an HP FIELD Net server running Windows 2000 Server. So far everything is going well except that I just installed a post on Windows7 and I am unable to join the DOMAIN with Win7 (automatically or by reprogramming the network card by adding a fixed ip and by entering the DNS my DNS server) always the same officials who read component as follows: server error occurred while attempting to join domain ''X'' Failure of an tentative resolution of a DNS none controller domain in the field about to be reached. Kindly verifier that the client is configured to access a DNS server can resolve DNS name in the target domain. I searched everywhere, I disabled the firewall configuration changes to try in safe mode but no navy fact I do not find a solution.

Dr. V Guest

It's weird knowing that Vista looks significantly to windows 7. You should try to make a virtual machine under windows 7 and try to attach it to your area to see if it has not migrated from the computer system. I am not sure that it will help you, but you can try this for solving your problem, there are chances that this problem can be resolved by this method.

My Active Directory account is running and it worked very well before the migration of my pc from XP to Win7 My Exchange account through Outlook works fine no problem When I did a search network I see all the entire network (5 + ordis two servers) but I was that the computer denies me access to the DOMAIN WORKGROUP and he considers me. To access the server I give permission to operate correctly solves the pending problem of FIELD.

In conducting research on several different discussion forums, I discovered that Windows server 2000 works "samba a" gold "a samba is disabled in favor of" samba2 "in Windows 7. In addition it appears that in Windows 7 it is possible that the activation "ntlm" is inadequate depending on the version that runs Windows 7. In sort I want to know how to circumvent the problem of connecting to a domain, by adding and modifying the registry settings so that the client Windows 7could reaches a field.

I test this Metode twice on two different jobs with two different versions of windows 7 which connected it to the network domain on two different versions of Windows Server 2000 and either the 2003. For both times the problem was resolved by applying the approach suggested. If you are facing the same problem then I will suggest you to do the same.

I am looking to join a domain automatically by running a script at startup, you have some tips for me knowing that I am not a developer. Domain Controllers Windows 2003 = Client = Windows 7 Netdom 2.0 does not work in windows 7. The function of junction area PowerShell requires to return the password by hand thus missed.