Thread: Windows 7 and Server 2003 Group Policy Deployed Printers

Windows 7 and Server 2003 Group Policy Deployed Printers

In my company we are facing the issues with deploying printer through windows servers 2003. The workstation that we are using is having windows 7 as operating system running on them. I have tried to find the solution for this problem but unfortunately I have not got the solution till now. I have tried to remove all the drivers and again install it but no result.

Re: Windows 7 and Server 2003 Group Policy Deployed Printers

I am also facing similar problem, but I want to let you know about the setup that I am having. Before updating to windows 7 we were using windows vista and it was updating all the driver that are need for the system to work in a smooth way. Is there anything similar to that, for updating all the drivers that are need for the system? We are using HP printer and they are not having any issue because if we use windows vista they are working fine. Is there any specific dll file that we can use for solving this problem?

I think that the main problem is related to the ports and the information related to the drivers that you are having. The first thing I will suggest you to solve the problem is that update the drivers for the printer you are using. Check for the latest drivers available on HP site. The problem may be that the TCP/IP port information is missing on your clients, just check that information is it properly configured or not. I am not sure that this will help you but you can try this for finding the cause of problem.

Thanks for the reply, you are right about this thing that is the port information is disappearing from all the printers that we are having, but if we are rebooting the machine this information comes back on the client machine that we are having. Is this a virus problem or something similar to that? Can you provide more help on this topic? I will be waiting for your reply.

As you have said that you are facing problem of printer failed for deploying on windows 7 that you are using on client machine. Before providing any solution I would like to know some more information related to your problem. Is there any errors are displayed when you are trying to deploy printer on your network, if yes then what is the error code for that error.

Printers can be seen on client machines and they are appearing and working fine for a time span but after that I am getting 1722 RPC Unavailable that is given in the eventlog that is below the PrintService. If we try to see the properties for the shared printers through our client machine, then port tab are not displaying anything, I mean they are blank.

The only thing that I can suggest you for solving your problem is to try these things. First of all check whether you are allowed to add printers manually on your windows 7 client machine or not? It will better if you update the drivers for your printer on your client machine and on server also. I am sure this will solve your problem. If you have any other problem then let me know, I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.