Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2010

Devices and Printers Dialog Box Empty on Windows 7

I am having issue with my system. I found nothing in my Device and Printers. It is empty and there is nothing showing up in their. When I open that there are zero items. I am not able to figure out the same what is the issue behind the same. I am also trying to set the preference of the same and there is no device or printer listed in that. I also not able to access the same.
Old 12-08-2010

Re: Devices and Printers Dialog Box Empty on Windows 7

In Device and printer you will see a single device when you try to configure most than one similar printer. That means it will just list a single device for similar models. You might need to use the spooler servicer here. The printmanagement.msc will show you the list of local printers connected to your system. This solution works for Windows Pro and Ultimate. In Windows 7 Home version there are some limitations.
Old 12-08-2010

I had tried to apply net start spooler command in the similar form. I am using command prompt for that to fix the issue and for this when I run the same I got a error message saying that printer spooler is already running in the background. I had checked in the Device and Printer Dialog box but still it shows empty and there is nothing listed there. What can be done more here.
Old 12-08-2010

For that click on the start and then in the search box click services. Then look for bluetooth in that. It might be located somewhere in the right side. You will need to disable this first and then check back. For disabling the same right click on on it and then click on properties. Then under the startup you have choose Automatic or disable. Try both the solution for the same.
Old 18-08-2010

I have a concern with page printers and peripherals in the control panel, on which I cannot go and do nothing there. There is nothing listed in that. When I click on the green loading bar in Windows 7 the same begin but it never ends. The page does not appear and the screen remains blank. I try to restart my PC but nothing helped. I will try to re-install the printer and check back.
Old 20-08-2010

In such case you might need to re-install the printer back again. The problem is common due to the Bluetooth support in Windows 7. You will need to first disable that. Then stop and start the service and reboot your system. If the same was working before then you must run system restore to get your old settings back again. There can be some registry issue with the printer.
Old 21-08-2010

I also have a similar issue in my system. I am using Windows 7 ultimate. I had found that in safe mode all the icons are present and they does not disappeared. This has happened because in safe mode the Bluetooth service is stopped and when I normal mode the same is not not working. I checked in services and then stop the bluetooth support. I had set the same in automatic and my icons are back. There is no other real solution available for this.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,