Thread: Windows 7 Software Raid 5 is grayed out

Windows 7 Software Raid 5 is grayed out

I am having one issue regarding which i need your help. I have got a 32 TB hard drive and want to make the Raid 5 but it got grayed out in the Windows 7 running system. I am unable to find the reason behind the same. Does Windows 7 supports the Raid? If any one is having the knowledge about the same then please help me. Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 Software Raid 5 is grayed out

I have gone through the discussion of yours regarding the problem you are getting and let me tell you that the thing which you are trying to make in Windows 7 i.e. Raid 5 is not supported by the same as i have also searched regarding the same but could not found any support for the same. I think you have to go through the some of the third party application which performs the same.

As per your problem i will advise you to go with the PCI RocketRaid 1740 which is also the other alternative for the Raid 5 in the Windows 7. If you are unable to find the way by which you can use the RAID then this hardware implementation is the best option to go with. So if you can then try this out and see whether it is working or not.

Dr. V Guest

This is really disturbing that after lots of post for the RAID regarding the Windows operating why the Microsoft is not thinking about this. The latest Windows 7 is also not having the support for the Windows 7. I think Microsoft has to take care about the users need for the user. I hope to get the solution for this soon.

I know that there is no support for the RAID and regarding which i have searched also but did not got any thing to work with your issue. I think that the Microsoft will release the RAID support the there next Windows update which will resolve the issue with the same. So all i can do is to wait for the next release of the Windows update. Thanks

If all the above replies are not working for you and you are still confused about the RAID support in Windows 7 then i will advise you to contact the Microsoft regarding the issue and see whether they can help you are not. Just tell them about the issue of yours and see whether you are getting any proper guidance or not.