Thread: Can you run Windows 7 just using a PS2 mouse?

Can you run Windows 7 just using a PS2 mouse?

I finished the full installation of Windows 7 which I would like to just implement with a ps2 mouse . However, when you start to boot the section with just the mouse, the drivers is not assuming to be loaded and the mouse lost the responsibility to work in proper manner. If I am using the ps2 keyboard with this , then all oif things are going fine. Is there a workaround so that I can work with just a ps2 mouse entirely ?

Re: Can you run Windows 7 just using a PS2 mouse?

Well , I would like to recommend you the procedure to perform the uninstallation of the PS/2 mouse driver within the Device Manager with the keyboard and reboot the system to perform the re-installation of this to check the result.

If it is not working , please also try to go for the updation of the BIOS and the motherboard chipset drivers to find out the actual problem. If it still not functioning in proper manner, you may check the mouse/keyboard and USB configuration within the BIOS.

The chipset for the motherboard is not compatible with the Windows 7. I would recommend you to apply the Vista chipset drivers and the Windows 7 video drivers from the official site of the manufacture. The rest will be found by Windows 7 and then restart the machine.

You could move into the BIOS and review the applicable configurations to try and move this to run without a keyboard and still have the mouse operate. Within the PCIPnP tab, configure Plug&Play O\S with the YES. Within the Boot tab, configure PS\2 mouse support as Enabled, rather than auto. Save and close down.

I am unable to find the actual configuration to disable the Halt on error, to ignore the boot up stopping when there is no keyboard available. Perhaps you know where that configuration is located.

Thanks for the reply . I have used to go for the entire ways suggested by you all but this to not available right now . Thank you for the suggestions once again.

I don't have any issues bypassing the halt-on-error, with just a mouse I can find the straight to the logon screen, but there is no further as the mouse drivers which is not loaded and mouse direction facility is not unavailable at all. The possibility of the keyboard loopback can be applied or not , some confusion regarding this ? What's the reason , mouse not getting loaded when there is no keyboard available ?

Hi, You must have a keyboard connected to load Win 7. I use a Logitech 2400 wireless keyboard and mouse on my system with no problems.

• Plug the keyboard , Turn on the machine and start the Windows operating system.
    • Click on the Start menu and move to the Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts and select to remove the password for primary created account.
    • Get exit from there and turn off the machine.
    • Unplug the keyboard and start the machine.

Now, you need to have the Windows started and mouse only. The PS\2 mouse drivers already within the Windows and not always comes into the BIOS, so you have to work with the Windows .Even running with the kiosk type application, there is commonly a location to hide a keyboard. If you lost the mouse because of some causes, you are unable to plug a PS\2 device (keyboard)with the system turned on (damage will came up) and you will not capable to turn this off commonly or diagnose and repair.