Thread: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit cannot see Blu-Ray Disc Writers -- tested w/ Pioneer BDR-205 and Plextor PX-B940SA

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit cannot see Blu-Ray Disc Writers -- tested w/ Pioneer BDR-205 and Plextor PX-B940SA

I have checked two different Blu-Ray burners which is running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Pioneer BDR-205 and Plextor PX-B940SA and neither one of them is getting detected by the operating system.

The same drives getting arise up and work just well on the Windows XP system. Both of the drives are entitled as supported with the Windows 7, but they don't assumes as feasible ! I have tried to do entire possible thing humanly possible, and have not been capable to fix this very problem . The system is configured with the Intel D975XBX2 motherboard,and Intel Core2 Extreme CPU. The BD-R drive is plugged with the Marvell SATA RAID controller along with the LG DVD burner,that goes just pretty well . The second (Intel) SATA RAID controller working onto the RAID-5 HDD array.

Re: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit cannot see Blu-Ray Disc Writers -- tested w/ Pioneer BDR-205 and Plextor PX-B940SA

Hi Alfa,
    You have to make some configuration regarding the hardware device abd it would be more feasible for you . I would suggest you to go for checking the same, if the device is entitled within the Device Manager (to get the Device Manager windows, move to the Start menu and type Device manager in the Start Search box, and then issue the Enter key to save the changes . If the device is not recognized by Device Manager,retrieve BIOS to find out the configurations .

Re: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit cannot see Blu-Ray Disc Writers -- tested w/ Pioneer BDR-205 and Plextor PX-B940SA

Yeah ! you have to go first there and check out the appropriate settings as suggested by eric. it will solve the issue and in case, if you are not able to resolve this issue and it is going in the same way then , you can go ahead to try with the following methodology: Modify the Registry

1. Click on Start menu and type regedit in the "Start Search" text box and then issue the ENTER key.

2. move to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click on the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} record, select "Export" and then after choose Desktop in the Save in box and type the name of the file of backup and then click on the Save to make the permanent changes.

4. Highlight the key as ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane and then after check out if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are available there. If yes then please make a right click on the values and choose the "Delete" option to remove them out.

5. Reboot the computer

I have tried to search a lot on this finally got something that you can try this out. The above member suggested well .. Are you running with the same issue then you have to go for the last one option according to me ..just remove the Blu-Ray drive

• Click on the Start menu and type devmgmt.msc within the “Start Search” box and issue the Enter key.
    • Expand the "DVD/CD-ROM drives".
    • Just make a right click on the blu-ray drive, and then choose "Uninstall" option.

Then after , reboot the machine. Does the blu-ray work now?

I am running with a Intel D975XBX2 motherboard, established the Intel Quad Core CPU and Intel RAID controllers are proper. The suggested Pioneer 205 BD-R drive is plugged with the Marvell SATA RAID controller along with two associated Hard drives. The BIOS displays the BDR and the drive even got boots up with the installation of Windows 7 ULT installer, so I am sure that the drive works.

But I am unable to get the drive in Windows 7. I have done the installation of newly Marvell drivers received from the Intel's officially site, I Did as you advised and looked for the Upperfilters and the Lowerfilters within the ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}) but they were not there.