Thread: Windows 7 and Media Player 12 produce errors when changing MP3 Bitrates

Windows 7 and Media Player 12 produce errors when changing MP3 Bitrates

Currently I am having many problem related to the synchronizing MP3 files for windows mobile devices through the use of windows Media player 12 in Windows 7 operating system. The problem is that I am not able to convert the file to a lower bitrate for playing it on the device. The other thing is that I am able to convert that to WMA, with few errors and these errors at the time of conversion is preventing it from playing that thing on windows mobile devices.

Re: Windows 7 and Media Player 12 produce errors when changing MP3 Bitrates

I am also facing the similar problem that you are facing. Not only that the duration of the tracks cannot be seen properly and if I am trying to move that thing back to my computer system and playing it then it is playing properly but the length is displayed at 0 seconds and the bit rate is same that can be seen in the original file. The big pain in neck is that I cannot fast forward that thing or any similar things like that, if you want to play then you have play it from start.

I am having windows mobile phones and both phone are facing the same issue, I have tried everything that was on my mind that cannot resolve the problem. Actually my music collection is lossless wma and it is also having different bitrate and it is set to “auto” or specifying 128k but the windows media player on any of the phone. I am also waiting for any related solution of the problem.

Well this is not a solution but a temporary thing that you can try till you get the solution for the problem. You can manually copy the synced file back from the phone to computer system, it will definitely on the computer system with window media player 12. But there is one problem explorer does not display any tag attributes. One thing is for sure that file is not corrupted, but there something that is not compatible.

I thing Microsoft is has not provided the support for synchronization between windows 7 and windows CE. Basically this is an unsupported operating system, it is not providing support like iPod, Droid or something like. Hence I think means there is no supported operating system for all the windows Mobile Device Center. It is just surprising that why they have made application like this.

Dr. V Guest

I think you will require to do what I have done for legacy gear that I use to do. Currently I am using virtual computer system and through the use of USB devices. But the problem is that I am not getting it to work with windows 7 native. But if I am using Virtual computer system , and it is clumsy but the thing is that it is working fine.

I am having car audio that is using SD card, but the problem is that files are synchronizing in completely lossless quality and it is not compatible with Pioneer AVIC F10BT. So I have to change the class to manual but there is not result for that also. I have also tried to us hotfix for solving the problem but that is also not giving me any good results. I think that windows media player that comes with windows 7 is not a step forward but it is step backward.