Thread: Xbox 360 controller (wired) and compatability with Windows 7

Xbox 360 controller (wired) and compatability with Windows 7

I am running with an Xbox 360 controller and a plug and play kit for the same. I have used the common fix for connecting this up and having this to detect within the Windows 7 (32 bit) Home Premium. Edition, and all I get is it is an 'Unspecified' device within the Control Panel, and as a evaluation , it will not be detected in the games as the controller which will not be included. I have finished the installation of the actual drivers and the 360 other components for Windows, but even that doesn't detect the controller when it is connected within my USB 2.0 port. The driver is completely installed (Windows stated me the driver was installed properly when I primarily connected within my controller, after finished the installation of the program from the Microsoft website), so I don't know about the procedure , why it is not functioning . I have go through all the stepped that I can find. Please suggest me some assistance.

Re: Xbox 360 controller (wired) and compatability with Windows

First of all, just be sure that you are running with the installation of recently launched driver: Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 32-bit for Windows 7

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...x360_32Eng.exe

From the device manager section, are you finding any exclamation mark tagged with the device? I would recommend you perform the uninstallation and then after go for the re-installation of same and again check out the result. According to the functionlaity of the website , , you may require to perform the installation of the "MotioninJoy XBOX/PS3 Controller Emulator" before implementing the official controller.

If the problem still going on ,just make a right click on the 'Unspecified' device=> properties=> within the "Hardware tab", what is displayed within the "device functions" ?

I followed your suggestion and tried entire options that you had suggested to me, and no dice. The Motionnjoy emulator, following the guidelines from the official website (go for the official installation and then the Motioninjoy installation) is not working after all . Kept occurring me the error message .According to me, it is going on just because I am running with a 32 bit system, instead of the 64 bit system they have been working for their testing. My system specification are an MSI a6000 w/ Intel Core 2 Duo at T6600 supposed as 2.2 GHz, 4.0 GB Ram, Win 7 32 bit Home Premium .

Can you tell me the actual error message when you are trying to perfomr the installation of Motioninjoy ? From the page they facilitates with both 64 bit and 32 bit MotioninJoy XBOX/PS3 Controller Emulator, should download the 32 bit.

Are you going fine with the XBOX before the installation of windows 7 ? Was this an upgrade to windows 7 or have finished the clean installation ? I would recommend you move for the Device manager and right click on the unspecified device,just remove this out and reboot the computer system and finish the installation of the newest driver again to find the better one result .

I am able to post complete error message, but in essence, it's not just as it id for use of the controller. I am not sure about this, why it is would not happening . The laptop provided with the installation of Windows 7 already, so I assume go for the clean installation . The device manager does not display any type of error message .

I have also checked on the official community , it states that the connect and play adapter, I was working with that is not valid for connection with the system, and that is only for charging a controller, not for plugging with anything other than a 360. So it would not display up plugging with the machine in that method , which, to me, doesn't makes any sense. They say that I am going to require to purchase the wireless dongle to work with them. If that is the situation then fine, but still, assumes as kinda cheap to me.

I am sorry to describe that the plug-and -play kit does not facilitate the controller to plug this with the compute system . I have used to go with this so many times and searched for the solution on several forums. You either require a wireless USB adapter to detect the wireless signal from the controller, or you require a wired controller. the plug-n-play transfers a charge via the system and therefore it can detect the controller, but the cord does not send "game control signals" via this . you will require to work with one of the above ways .

Re: Xbox 360 controller (wired) and compatability with Windows 7

I have used the controller today and with the drivers from Microsoft, it goes fine. The only issue is that I had no force feedback when I am trying to play NFS: MW, or SC: CT, but I according to me, SC supports the same anyway. I think, Microsoft updates the drivers recently to support the force feedback and the home circle button.