Thread: Vista LPM Intel IASTOR bug present in W7, STILL! Intel Matrix drivers won't auto-install.

Vista LPM Intel IASTOR bug present in W7, STILL! Intel Matrix drivers won't auto-install.

I am an unfortunate owner of a WD Raptor 74GB drive that has known problems when LPM, referenced with the power mode, is activated within the AHCI mode. Windows Vista activated the LPM on desktop systems, intentional or not and some drives not responding in proper to LPM commands and freeze.

The problem got occurred within the windows vista, and both Intel and MS have KB articles regarding this . The easiest fix for Vista was to perform the installation of newest Intel Matrix drivers. It would restrict the random freezing of the machine and life was fine. I finally forced a drive update on one of the SATA management and got another Intel driver has performed the installation, and no more freezes.

Re: ista LPM Intel IASTOR bug present in W7, STILL! Intel Matrix drivers won't auto-install.

Just go through the following steps and it would be really helpful for you. Just go ahead to try this one :

1. Just finish the downloading of newest Intel Matrix Drivers for Vista
    2. Launch the installer and wait for the same to die, but don't go to exit from the installer or acknowledge the error.
    3. Move to the location C:\windows\temp and copy the IIF2 directory to some place simple to consider.
    4. From the device manager section, you have to just open up one of the "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA controller" objects and go for the device driver update.
    5. Restart your machine and you should get your HDs recognized.

Re: ista LPM Intel IASTOR bug present in W7, STILL! Intel Matrix drivers won't auto-install.

The procedure , I think, is that the actual vendor, Intel in this situation , has to submit the driver to MS for testing and validation producer . If there is an issue which is related with the installed driver, it moves back to the vendor for further work until it can go through the certification. If it is unable to get certified before the OS ships, then it is excluded in this case. Intel just requires to get cracking on having the driver with 0 problems submitted.

I am running with the same issue on my computer system . I have checked the event log of my computer system and there assumes to be a complex error and a subsequent Windows 7 freeze after every 30-45 minutes. It seems very weired to say the least.

Can you provide some tricks and if possible any dummy's guide to fixing such type of issue associated with this one issue ? I have tried to find out into the device manager and within that IDE ATA/ATAPI controller I got the following description listed as:

Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller
    Intel(R) ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850

I am running with the same issue on my computer system . I have checked the event log of my computer system and there assumes to be a complex error and a subsequent Windows 7 freeze after every 30-45 minutes. It seems very weired to say the least.

Can you provide some tricks and if possible any dummy's guide to fixing such type of issue associated with this one issue ? I have tried to find out into the device manager and within that IDE ATA/ATAPI controller I got the following description listed as:

Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller
    Intel(R) ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850