Thread: Windows Installer CleanUp Utility for WIN 7

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility for WIN 7

I am using 64 bit Windows 7 on my laptop and i have seen some programs in Add/Remove Program list which are not getting uninstalled when i click on uninstall button. I want to know that does Windows Installer CleanUp Utility works on the 64 bit version of Windows 7 operating system or not?

Re: Windows Installer CleanUp Utility for WIN 7

There could be any one of the below two reason due to which you are not able to run windows installer cleanup utility on your windows 7 machine.
    • Installation of the program have not completed properly. So you have installed the program partially.
    • Previously installed program cannot be deleted if installation files are corrupted.

According to me Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not have any issue running it on 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows 7 os but it might happen that you would be having an older version of Windows Installer CleanUp Utility which might not be supporting for the windows 7 system. I think you should install the latest one on your system which will be working without any problem.

Normally these kind of problem persists when an installation of MSI Package have got failed or it is disabled. I suggest you to unregister Windows Installer and register it again on your win 7 system. You can have the proper way to do this from the microsoft.com.

If you want to unregister Windows Installer then reregister it so please the follow the given below steps.
    • Go to the Start Menu and then click on the Run.
    • Type "msiexec /unreg" in the Search bar and then press enter key.
    • Now again open the Run Search bar where you have to type "msiexec /regserver" and then press enter key.

You have to follow the given steps to upgrade Windows Installer version 2 or newer version.
    1. Open Microsoft Internet Explorer and go to an official website of Microsoft.
    2. Click on the "Setup and System Administration" on the left pane and then click on the "Setup".
    3. Now click on "Windows Installer" and then click according to your OS and then click on Download.