Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010

Windows 7 unable to start Itunes "The Itune Application could not be opened. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation"

I am running Windows 7 on my HP Pavillion DV2000 laptop and all programs seems to be working except only an iTunes. When i try to run this program then i am getting an error as "The iTunes Application could not be opened. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation". I just don't have any idea that what could be the problem.
Old 11-08-2010

Re: Windows 7 unable to start Itunes "The Itune Application could not be opened. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation"

I think there would be some kind of issue with the executable file of an iTunes. So i think you should try reinstalling an iTunes and then check that the it works or not. There could be problem with the executable file then i think you should try some other executable file which might not be having any such problem.
Old 11-08-2010
Dr. V

Re: Windows 7 unable to start Itunes "The Itune Application could not be opened. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation"

There could be some kind of problem with the compatibility of the windows 7 with an iTunes so i suggest you to use the same program by using the XP compatibility mode of Windows 7 in which it might be running without problem. I think it should be working under XP mode as it works perfectly on Windows XP system.
Old 11-08-2010

When any software or any file does not works on windows operating system then you should try to use the same software from the safe mode of windows operating system. You have to reboot your system and keep on pressing F8 key which will take you to the Windows Booting Options. Here you have to select for the Safe Mode. Now start iTunes and check that it works or not.
Old 11-08-2010

You should download the latest version of an iTunes which is perfectly compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. I have found that an older version of an iTunes does works with the latest windows operating system. You can find the new version of an iTunes on an official website of an Apple.
Old 13-08-2010

It seems like you have to log in as an Administrator which might be the problem. So first of log in by using admin ID and Password. If still you are not able to open an iTunes then reinstall an iTunes by using some other executable file so that the problems with the copy of an iTunes gets neglected which you are installing on your system.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,