Thread: Windows 7 hangs after successful Remote Desktop Session

Windows 7 hangs after successful Remote Desktop Session

I try to connect to the office of my second PC using Remote Desktop in windows 7 but this one returns me this error message:

"This computer can not connect to the remote computer. try to reconnect. If problem persists, contact the computer owner or network administrator. " and gets hanged right after the error

So I contacted myself and I have not found any solution . Someone has an idea

Re: Windows 7 hangs after successful Remote Desktop Session

Well then ... The RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) network works only LOCAL. Ie that the two machines must be part of the same private network. You can not let you use the RDP you connect a PC to another via the Internet, this tool does not allow it except through a Terminal Server and therefore, Windows Server 2003 SP2 Release Candidate at least. I would suggest you to use the free services like LogMEin etc.

Microsoft, for some unknown reason. to simply remove the Remote Desktop Web Connection in Vista so that it is available in XP ... We think this is a unification of the RDP protocol between Windows Vista and Longhorn Server and therefore, it will probably wait for Vista SP1 to be able to benefit from the new Remote Desktop connection via the Internet for Vista (that either client or server as the TSWeb is simply not available ...).

If you really want to do the Remote Desktop, there is a free solution called LogMeIn (on https: // logmein.com) So! In summary, you can do remote desktop via the tool RDC (Remote Desktop Connection) that is restricted private network or via a Terminal Server, or else make the Remote Desktop Web Connection (and it will use IE to access the machine via the Internet) but this solution is more time for Windows Vista ...

I think that RDP does not work in LAN because:
    • is a protocol that is not limited by a network.
    • This is a daemon using port 3389 and allows the opening of two interactive sessions / networks. So his goal is to provide a service jsutement remote ...
    • Test it:

If you have a router "RT", a PC XP "PC_XP" with a static IP and that you are properly connected to the net

RT -> NAT TCP 3389 to PC_XP.

Then, from anywhere on the planet, if you give the public IP of "RT" and that you connect via the tool "Remote Desktop" in Windows XP (eg in a cyber cafe if it does so not block traffic on port 3389) you'll see that you can take control of your "PC_XP.

Well ... But tell me ... port 3389 is the RDP, ca we agree, but there is a pb as the R & D through Terminal Services is limited to mapping the "local" or the necessity to go through TSWeb through IIS (except in case you would go through a Terminal Server) ... Furthermore, when you spend PDR 3389 through a NAT router and you have several R & D machine, the NAT can not match the mapped public address on port 3389 with the private address on the same port, c illogical because NAT can not do any mapping in these conditions since the sockets all have the same port